Search Result Map

wsbones

Beta Tester
Why not have the search result map start at the top of the page? I seem to always scroll up or down rather than looking at the result by book as my starting point.

In the search results panel, if you click the result map link, it should open with the result map at the top of the window, like this:

rm-1.png rm-2.png

I keep forgetting about the links at the top of the window. Anyway, it seems like the result window should open with the scroll bar at the top. Whatever is the most common measure should be placed at the top.

Anyway, it seems like the result window should open with the scroll bar at the top. Whatever is the most common measure should be placed at the top.

If it's opened with the toolbar icon, it opens scrolled to the top -- the Result Map link is a shortcut to that section of the stats window. And there is a selection list for each section above that -- but I think I understand what you're getting at: you want the result map to be the first item, not the Search Details.

I agree with your central premise, that the most often used item should appear first. For me it does. ;) I'd welcome more feedback to see what people are using. I suppose an option allowing the items to be re-organized would optimize it for any case.

If it's a wildcard search or advanced search that results in a "Match word/phrase breakdown", I use the "search details" first. Otherwise I usually go to the graphic -"verse match count by book" as my starting point. I hardly ever use the "Search Result Locations by Book" table (but I can see it's use).

Maybe it's better to leave it use the links. Could the links at the top be blue? Now I have trained myself to use them, :) but maybe someone else might not realize they are links.

Maybe it's better to leave it use the links. Could the links at the top be blue? Now I have trained myself to use them, :) but maybe someone else might not realize they are links.

Good suggestion. Thanks!

Back