Module icon

User-submitted Hymns of Isaac Watts 1.0
Isaac Watts (17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748) was an English hymnwriter, theologian and logician.

No permission to download

wsbones

Beta Tester
wsbones submitted a new resource:

Hymns of Isaac Watts - Isaac Watts (17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748) was an English hymnwriter, theologian and logician.

Watts was born July 17, 1674 at Southampton, England, the eldest of nine children. His father was a Dissenter from the Anglican Church and on at least one occasion was thrown in jail for not following the Church of England. Isaac followed his father's strongly biblical faith. Isaac was a very intelligent child who loved books and learned to read early. He began learning Latin at age four and went on to learn Greek, Hebrew, and French as well. From an early age Isaac had a propensity to rhyming,...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks, Bill! :)

wsbones submitted a new resource:

Hymns of Isaac Watts -

I went to download and got this message:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SwordSearcher\Modules\IW-Hymns.ss5book
You don’t have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission
Would you like to save in the user folder instead?"

So I did under user\downloads.

Oh and I closed SS before I did a download.

But then I opened SS back up and it's not in there, heeeelp

Thanks, Bill

never mind, found the folder "SS Unser Modules" in my "documents" folder - got it, thanks again, Bill :)

Thanks Bill :cool:

Well here I am looking for IW Hymns. Getting better at this but cannot find it? Please help a newbie. Pastor David Langley
I got it downloaded and when I double click it my SS program starts but I still cannot find it? Sorry?

Last edited:
Looks like the module abbreviation for this one is "iw-hymns." If you go to the main search bar and start typing "hymns" you should see the module show up at the bottom of the list of search suggestions.

Did as you suggested. Only thing comes up in search is Bible References. Searched all through "Book" tabs nothing there?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    419.1 KB · Views: 343
Picking up church riders will check back later. Thank you!

Looks like you've successfully installed other downloaded modules. If you open Windows Explorer and go to your Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules folder, do you see the IW-Hymns file there?

Yes sir. All went well with your instructions per other needs. Backup etc.
Here is what I have in my PC (C:\Users\David\Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules\Modules)
Description of said file - IW-Hymns / SSBOOK File / 04/02/2014 / 811 KB / .ss5book

Wow I got it! I just copied it to the main folder not into the "modules" folder as the ones with my commentary and atlas all seem to have a "pen" icon in some. At any rate it worked! As soon as I started SS it was right there with the "pencil" icon inside the tab. I thought they were for just those we can edit. Not for others they created?

Thanks so much. Been so slow to train on SwordSearcher. I think it is time for me to get busy! I have downloaded about everything there is on Bible software that you could get free, demo, and otherwise and this is absolutely the best I have used in the Last 15 years. I am using SwordSearcher through your editor, book, and commentary creation for most of my lessons, sermons, etc. The bible is truly is easy to navigate and search. Once I get comfortable with the backup process I am trying to use, I am going to "delete all" then see if I did it right. Sounds crazy but until my mind is sure of the process, all I know to do.

Here is my proof for (IW-Hymns) won't bother you for a while. God Bless.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    373.9 KB · Views: 316
Yes sir. All went well with your instructions per other needs. Backup etc.
Here is what I have in my PC (C:\Users\David\Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules\Modules)
Description of said file - IW-Hymns / SSBOOK File / 04/02/2014 / 811 KB / .ss5book

I see you got it working now. Just for anyone else who is watching -- don't put modules in a subfolder of SwordSearcher User Modules; put them right into that folder.

Glad you got it working.

Brandon I do thank you. Well still puzzled? The King James Version Defended (Hills) [HillsKJV] just downloaded and placed it into the directed folder (SwordSearcher User Modules).
Did not work. Then I move it to the main folder not modules, it is right there? That goes against what you said above. Still happy just puzzled. Sending 2 snippets of my folder directory. 1 is where it is working the other is the actual "modules" folder where it does not work. Not sure what I have done wrong?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 323
That "Modules" subfolder you show is not a valid location for modules. SwordSearcher will only look in the main "SwordSearcher User Modules" folder.

Back