Red-letter in Forge

Ray Luff

I would like to post a Bible module with Red Letter to your forum when it is ready to post. Can I get red letter to work in the Bible i wish to post. I am using your Forge tool.

Forge does not support red-letter tags yet.

My question related to importing to your product, not exporting from it.

I did it. Just put html tags in text. <format color=red></format>
Also I put subscripts in as well using the html.

The only problem I have is that the red color is brighter than the one you use.

My question related to importing to your product, not exporting from it.

I did it. Just put html tags in text. <format color=red></format>
Also I put subscripts in as well using the html.

The only problem I have is that the red color is brighter than the one you use.

Forge input for Bible modules is expected to be plain text. If you use HTML tags in the input you will get unpredictable results. The search indexing will definitely be incorrect as it will index the HTML tags.

It may be possible to force Forge to compile the red letter data, but it isn't documented or fully supported yet. You can give this a try.

Add this line to the header area of your input file:

Code:
; HAS REDLETTER

With that applied, you can use the following method to tag text as red-letter:

Code:
This text is normal. +r/This text is red-letter-r/. This text is normal.

This is the way SwordSearcher handles red-letter tagging internally and will work properly with the search engine and rendering (to get the right color as you mentioned).

Thanks I will make that adjustment. Can you also give me one for subscripts that is similar. Perhaps you hadn't thought of subscripts before.

Thanks I will make that adjustment. Can you also give me one for subscripts that is similar. Perhaps you hadn't thought of subscripts before.

Bible module texts don't support it. You could continue to do it the way you are, but you'll run into problems with text copy and inaccurate search results.

I am liking your suggestion at this point of moving the footnotes to the margin. I actually like that solution better now that I have tried it.

I could still use a bold option.

I know I am being a pain.

I know I am being a pain.

Hahhah, no worries. Not every request can be implemented, but I don't ever mind feature requests. As I wrote in another post a moment ago, bold text formatting in Bible text is not a supported feature. One thing that would complicate implementation is that the search results shows the search terms in bold, so the formatting would become confusing.

Back