What am I doing wrong? Search parameters

Eric

Beta Tester
I want to find any instances of these phrases:

"of the Spirit", "of the devil", "of God", "of us", "of the world"; "of faith", "of circumcision", "of works", "of the law"

How should I do the search? I can't seem to get any hits. Thank you! (See attached screenshot.)
SwordSearcher search for %22of the …%22 phrases.jpg

I want to find any instances of these phrases:

"of the Spirit", "of the devil", "of God", "of us", "of the world"; "of faith", "of circumcision", "of works", "of the law"

How should I do the search? I can't seem to get any hits. Thank you! (See attached screenshot.)View attachment 460

replace the comma with the pipe symbol | which means OR. I get 1001 occurrences.

"of the Spirit"| "of the devil"| "of God"| "of us"| "of the world"; "of faith", "of circumcision", "of works", "of the law"

Thank you, Bill! That does it. I got 1287x in 1167 vv. However, looks as if maybe you didn't convert some commas. What I was hoping to find was people who are "of ___". I hadn't really thought of it in the OT context, but in the NT it is really neat. People show essential characteristics of ____. I was studying I John when I noticed it: they went out from us because they were not of us. Then I thought of Romans: "of the law", "of circumcision", "of the Spirit", etc.

I missed some of the punctuation I guess because the search box is smaller than the string of parameters. I get 1167 also. The search summary is interesting?
upload_2014-7-5_8-37-22.png

I have a Python script that finds all the words following a string of text so I tried "of the" in the NT. Here's the result. It may trigger some other ideas.
upload_2014-7-5_8-48-40.png

If you are interested I am attaching the script for the above. It will let you click on each word and do a search. Just paste it into the SS editor in a user book, new entry.

Be sure you are in the CODE mode not the DESIGN mode and then save the topic.

Attachments

• of the.txt
    26.7 KB · Views: 276
This is really neat! Thanks Bill :)

Back