Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [Deluxe] [Web1913]

Included Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [Deluxe] [Web1913]
One of the last great dictionaries to retain a major focus on the use of English words in Scripture.

SwordSearcher

Deluxe Library module listing service
SwordSearcher submitted a new module:

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [Deluxe] [Web1913] - One of the last great dictionaries to retain a major focus on the use of English words in Scripture.

(For the 1828 original work by Noah Webster, see here.)

This early 20th century dictionary is one of the last great dictionaries to retain a major focus on the use of English words in Scripture.

The Revised Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language is a revision and expansion of Noah Webster's original work. This particular edition was edited by Noah Porter (D.D., LL.D. of Yale...

Read more about this module...

For some reason I don't have the 1913 version. I used to have it before I reinstalled my software on my new HD. I am using SS version 6.0.

This module listing is a reference to the official 1913 Webster module text that was added to SwordSearcher version 8. The older user-provided 1913 text was causing confusion so I removed the listing from here.

You can download the older user-supplied module files with this link: http://bin.ssmodules.com/SSWebster1913.zip (SwordSearcher 8 users, please do not use this, it is not necessary.)

I remember 32 years ago, Webster was my first English dictionary, as I was learning this wonderful language. Then, 1986, I came to the LORD with a KING JAMES BIBLE, where I began to learn the "old English" writing. Webster was my best friend after Jesus.
NOW, with SwordSearcher 8, Webster's 1913 is still standing by me. Quick, easy access into SS. With my KJV and Webster's 1913 into SS, I DO NOT HAVE ANY EXCUSES "NOT TO KNOW !!!"
Blessed is SwordSearcher, and his Author.
Thank you Sir.

i have to pay for the full upgrade just to get the dictionary?

It was added in the version 8 release. If you're using an older version, there is a discount available here. If you don't want to upgrade, you can just download the older user-created module for the 1913 dictionary which is linked above. However, there were some changes made to SS 8 to accommodate the new 1913 dictionary as a single module file (among other things) and I think you would find the upgrade worthwhile.

Last edited:
Back