A Few Thoughts...

pjfox777

I came up with a few ideas....probably none of them new to you Brandon, but I thought I would share a few things I would like to see:

• Bible view options where "everything" can be switched on/off (verse-per-line layout/paragraph layout, footnotes, cross-references, Strong’s numbers, etc... Especially the paragraph option. Great for personal reading.)
  • "Skinnable" layouts (just some basic color themes that could be customizable).
  • Customizable pop-up windows when hovering over a word (ie. the user will be able to specify what dictionary to use for a definition or Strong's, etc...).

I hope these make sense. Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE SS! These would be just more icing on the cake! ;)

Keep up the great work Brandon! I'm enjoying SS7!

Peter

Thanks Brandon!

I think I may have found a bug. Maybe the reason I haven't used Study Click much is because when I hover over a word, all I get while holding the CTRL button is the option to open the topic guide. When I do click on it, nothing happens...well, the window does "pop-up" but it does so in the background and I can't see it until I click on the SS icon in the task bar of windows. Then it becomes visible.

Also, I am not sure how to do any customization of the feature. It may be covered in one of your wonderful instructional videos, but I cannot do any streaming content due to being in the remote bush of Alaska. :(

Just so you know, I am running the following:

Windows 7, Home Premium, 64-bit
Service Pack 1
4.0 GB RAM
SS7

BTW, I had the same problem in SS6. Thanks for listening!

Peter

I will give it a shot Brandon. Thanks!

I keep forgetting to look at the Help files! :oops:

Peter

Well, I tried changing the settings and still have the same results. Window shows searching...then disappears. I then have to click on the windows taskbar several times to bring it up. Oh well.

Well, I tried changing the settings and still have the same results. Window shows searching...then disappears. I then have to click on the windows taskbar several times to bring it up. Oh well.

It shouldn't do that.

Are you able to open the Topic and Verse Guide from the Search menu (or press Alt+T in SwordSearcher)?

Yes, that comes up no problem.

Please go to the Help menu and click the email tech support item. Send that to me -- it will include some additional technical details about your system I'd like to look at.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I do not have the choice of "Use this book module for look-up" in the Study-click settings. It is faded out (unclickable). I tried all the previous settings, but nothing would make it come up to be usable/clickable.

Peter

Please go to the Help menu and click the email tech support item. Send that to me -- it will include some additional technical details about your system I'd like to look at.

Just sent it to you.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I do not have the choice of "Use this book module for look-up" in the Study-click settings. It is faded out (unclickable). I tried all the previous settings, but nothing would make it come up to be usable/clickable.

Peter

That is for when you have StudyClick set to look up the clicked word in a selected Book module. It will become active if you use "Open closest matching entry in the book I select for lookup below."

By the way, if you can't watch a streaming video, would it be possible for you to download the video and watch it after it's completely downloaded? You can right-click this link and select "save target as" to save it somewhere on your hard drive, then watch it when it's done downloading:

http://video.swordsearcher.com/hb/StudyClickInSwordSearcher.mp4

By the way, if you can't watch a streaming video, would it be possible for you to download the video and watch it after it's completely downloaded? You can right-click this link and select "save target as" to save it somewhere on your hard drive, then watch it when it's done downloading:

http://video.swordsearcher.com/hb/StudyClickInSwordSearcher.mp4

Thanks Brandon. I will download it, but I have to do it after midnight (AK time). If I don't, it will chew-up my limited bandwidth :mad:

I might be able to get back to it Monday. Still preparing for services tomorrow.

Thanks again for the help. I'll keep working on it!

Peter

Back