Pilcrow (paragraph sign) available in user module editor

Eric

Beta Tester
I would like to have a button (or, even better, shortcut) to paste ¶ (pilcrow) into the text I'd editing for a user module, whether it be in the Design Mode or Edit Code Mode. The reason is that I often quote folks in my own modules, but I'd rather keep each person's comments in one paragraph even when they used two or more. To show where they broke their comments I insert a pilcrow symbol. I guess I could set up AutoHotKey to do it, or I could use one of those handy-dandy multiple clipboard programs, but, for me, simply having it in SwordSearcher would be most convenient.

Perhaps a character input panel would be a good addition. But for now, one of the various standard ways of inputting characters that aren't on the keyboard will have to be used. Try typing ALT+0182.

Try typing ALT+0182.
Unless I'm mistaken, you have to have a numeric key pay, and since I do everything on a Mac laptop with SwordSearcher in a VirtualBox VM, I don't have numeric keypad keys.

I think I'll just add something to AutoHotKey (which I already use). I can put a shortcut in for "pcr" or "plcr" and have it transform it to a pilcrow. No need to bog down the lean, mean SS for this kind of thing. :) Thanks for your response.

Back