Is there an easy way to selecting a custom screen layout?

IamKJVonly

Is there a way to select a custom screen layout. I know "ALT A" will get me back to the last selected screen layout, but I have 3 screen layouts that I switch between all the time in any order.

It seems to me that a hot key (1 for each screen? or an icon for each?) is quicker then clicking on the layout icon and then scrolling down to the custom screen list to the layout I want and then clicking on it.

Even dedicating the "ALT-A" to a specific custom layout screen would help. My eye hand and mouse coordination is not what it should be. I seem to click on the screen above or below the one I want all the time.

I'm looking for anything that makes switching between custom screen layouts quick and easy.

Any help will be appreciated.
Dave

upload_2016-3-19_8-37-52.png

The custom layouts are available by clicking the down arrow for this icon.

Using the layout menu on the layout icon is the way. If you don't want to use the mouse you can type ALT+W to open the View menu, and they type A to select the layout submenu. You can see there are underlines under the letters that will allow you to access the items in the menu. It would be a matter of three keypresses at that point.

I guess I didn't explain what I was after very well so I'll try again.
I have built 4 custom layouts.

1 is called: Commentaries
2 is called Books
3 is called Bible reading
4 is called search results

I want to quickly jump from any layout to any of the other layout.

There is nothing wrong with the way "wsbones" said to do it and that is how I do it now.
I just wish the was a way to get between layouts quicker. (right now it takes too long as I describe above and in my hurry to get to the new layout I often click on the one above or below the layout I want in the list.)

I guess I was hoping that with the new hot keys in 8 that I could hot key to a custom layout.

Thanks for listening
Dave

PS: I have to leave but I'll be back around 2.

I guess I was hoping that with the new hot keys in 8 that I could hot key to a custom layout.

The new hotkey functionality is just for modules.

I believe I understand what you would like: assignable custom layout keyboard shortcuts. This is on the feature request list. Thanks for your feedback.

Back