Fixed! Fix for "Bible search results panel not loading" layout issue

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
A handful of users have reported a problem with search result panels, where doing a search does not open the results as expected.

UPDATE: This issue was fixed in SwordSearcher 8.1. You can get the program file update downloaded from here if you need it.

Thanks to some patient users who sent me their configuration files, I have been able to track down the problem and there is an easy fix.

The problem is due to corrupt layout engine data preventing the search results from showing.

The easy fix is simply to exit with the "Exit Without Saving Layout" option on the File menu. This will clear the layout engine data on exit, and everything will work properly the next time.

2016-10-21_11-50-05.png

That's it. This is a rare bug but a bug nonetheless and will be fixed in the next release.

Last edited:
I tried few times, no issues on my side....search panel comes up fine, search a word, and result panel shows perfect each time.....:)

I tried few times, no issues on my side....search panel comes up fine, search a word, and result panel shows perfect each time.....:)

Thanks Johnny, it's a very, very rare bug. I mainly posted this here for the benefit of someone who encounters it and might do a forum search before sending a support email.

Great, thanks.
Once again, after market service is A1
thank you Sir.

Back