People and Places

wsbones

Beta Tester
This is a list of places that match a list of people in the Bible. There were 1276 entries in the places list and 3087 in the people list with 126 exact matches.
Abdon
Abel
Abiezer
Adam
Addar
Alemeth
Amalek
Ananiah
Anathoth
Aner
Arad
Aram
Argob
Ariel
Ashkenaz
Asshur
Azmaveth
Baal
Bela
Benjamin
Bered
Bethuel
Bezer
Bilhah
Buz
Canaan
Cush
Dan
Debir
Dedan
Dumah
Eden
Eder
Eglon
Elam
Elishah
Elon
Ephah
Ephraim
Ephrath
Ephron
Esau
Eshtemoa
Gareb
Gedor
Gilead
Gog
Gomer
Ham
Haran
Havilah
Hebron
Hepher
Hezron
Hosah
Immer
Jabesh
Jabez
Jair
Japhia
Javan
Jebusite
Jehoshaphat
Jeshua
Jetur
Jezreel
Kedar
Kittim
Laban
Laish
Lud
Maacah
Magog
Mamre
Manahath
Maon
Mesha
Meshech
Midian
Moab
Naamah
Naarah
Naphish
Nebo
Nimrod
Nobah
On
Ophir
Ophrah
Penuel
Pul
Raamah
Rahab
Ramoth
Rehob
Rekem
Rimmon
Seba
Seir
Shamir
Sheba
Shechem
Shema
Shimron
Shual
Sidon
Tahath
Tamar
Tappuah
Tarshish
Telem
Tema
Teman
Terah
Timnah
Tirzah
Tubal
Ur
Uz
Uzal
Uzza
Zalmon
Zimri
Ziph
Zoar
Zuph

You come up with some interesting things Bill :)... thanks

That is so NEAT!
Copied and pasted to Word, with your name on it.
Thank you!

Bill, neat stuff! Thanks.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly… The list above is a list of words that may refer to a person or to a place, right? I think so, since, e.g., 2Sa 20:14-15 have "Abel" as a place name, and we all know of Abel the martyr.

I'd love to see a book module with (1) all place names, (2) a person names, (3) all names that may refer to a person or a place, and (4) a list that disambiguates #3 -- tells which references are to persons and which are to place names. E.g., I just looked up "Abel" and 1Sa 6:18, and it says "the great stone of Abel". But I wonder if the "Abel" here means a location, as in "the great stone of the location named Abel" or does it mean "the great stone named after the person Abel" (and to further confuse things it probably means both, since the man Abel was probably from whence the name and now the stone marks a location). Anyway, I'm just musing here.

Thanks for all your work on lists and stuff like that. They do take our minds down roads less frequently traveled!

Thank you, indeed, Bill! Very helpful. I once had the complete-bible-geneology.com website info working in SwordSearcher, but somehow when I moved to a different virtual machine, I broke the links or failed to copy the stuff over. It is very useful information and well done.

Thank you for your hard work!

Finally got a chance to check out the links you posted... awesome Bill, thanks!!! :)

What about Edom? (a/k/a Esau Gen 36:1, etc.) .. and the location Edom .. Num 21:4, etc.? And I cannot get that bible-genealogy to work properly. Whenever I put in a name to search, it breaks with all kinds of .php errors.

Edom doesn't match Esau even though they are the same person. I just took the list of people and matched it to the list of places. Edom was not a person in the list. Note that Esau is both a person and place in the lists, but not Edom.

The genealogy site works for me. I tried it with Chrome, Opera, and Firefox. Do you have any add-ins that would be blocking javascript? I don't know why it would not work for you. Sorry.

Back