Table (search) w/in range: original word, Strong's #, translation

Eric

Beta Tester
I would like to define a range of the KJVSL text and get a list of each underlying word used and its translations. Something like this (sorted by underlying word in the order of their first appearance in the range). Usually my range will be a chapter or, at most, a book. Attached is a screenshot of what I'd like (I've skipped over some underlying words, of course, just to show what I'm thinking of, thus the ellipses). Maybe something like this is already possible?

Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 5.51.29 PM.png

Ideally, what I'd like is for SS to give me a table with these items with only underlying words that are used more than once in the range but are translated differently. Alternatively, an intermediary table that provided the user the option of clicking checkmarks next to the lines he wants to create a report from would be good.

I do this because when translating the Bible into a foreign language I want to be reminded of which words in the original keep being repeated. Sometimes they can be translated with the same or similar words, and then more of the underlying text's repetitiveness and correlation can be transferred into the translation.

Brandon, if there isn't a way to do this already in SwordSearcher, could you maybe move this thread to the "Future" forum?

EDIT: the Passage Analysis tool kind of does this in English only. If there were a Passage Analysis tool that would sort by Strong's numbers in order of their appearance in the text and show how they are translated, I think that would do what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Brandon, if there isn't a way to do this already in SwordSearcher, could you maybe move this thread to the "Future" forum?

Yes, done. I can't think of a way to see what you are asking for with the current tools.

Thanks, Brandon.

Does this interest you at all? It seems to me that the underlying data is all there.

(One "hitch" would be that sometimes one Strong's # is assigned to various non-contiguous English words, but anything would be better than what there is now).

Or maybe it's just not worth the effort from your perspective?

My initial thought was to just augment the Passage Analysis tool to work for the KJVSL and go from there. I wouldn't want to create a new tool for this, but maybe making enhancements there would be enough...

Thanks! I think it'd be useful, but then, I was looking for something I couldn't find.

Thanks for all you do.

Anything you can do to enhance working with and displaying Hebrew words would be most welcome.

Back