Missing User Created Modules???

Regie

Years ago I created a module named Bunyan.ss5Book. At least, I think I created it.

Anyway, the module shows up in my UserCreated SwordSearcher modules but it will not show up in the tabs nor the Preferences, Visible Tabs listing. Even though it is in the directory, it will not show up in the SwordSearcher program, nor will a search find it in the program.

Has anyone else had any problem like that with anything you have created? Do you reckon it was created with an old SwordSearcher version and will not work in this latest one?

Thanks much,
Regie

It should work with the latest SS. You could try going to the Help menu and choose the Module Error Log to see if your module is listed there with any clues to what's wrong.

Thanks much. I never had noticed that there is a Module Error Log. Sure enough, it is listed as:

"C:\Users\rrhod_000\Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules\Bunyan.ss5book" could not be loaded: data error

I guess that means that the file is corrupted. So, I guess I had better go back to square one and do some more work. The problem is that I do not even know what the work was. :) I am working on bringing in all the works of Bunyan and am on volume 1 now. It is proving rather difficult though I found it in an excellent pdf format at www.grace-ebooks.com (they produce some excellent quality materials). http://grace-ebooks.com/library/John Bunyan/JB_The Works of John Bunyan Vol 1.pdf

I had a MS Word addon that I could use (got it through the Ivan Jurik program that once was very good and available) but that addon is lost and I cannot get it back. Now it's gone and I am having to go through and put the actual HTML marks in it all so that I can bring it into Forge and produce a much better work than I can by saving the PDF file into HTML.

Maybe when I get through with it all, some of you better module producing people on this group can take it and make it into something even better, if anyone is interested in the work and wants to. It sure won't make me mad - rather glad.

Thanks much for your reply. You have always IMO been a great helper to us on this group.

MGB,
Regie

Thank you very much!
There is a Bunyan.ss5Book in the Modules here. I wonder if it's the one you've lost. ? :)

I can't find it here. Can you direct me further to it or email it to me? Thanks.

"C:\Users\rrhod_000\Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules\Bunyan.ss5book" could not be loaded: data error

I guess that means that the file is corrupted.

Yes, that's what it means. To be safe, I would check your hard drive for errors in Windows... open File Explorer, find your C drive, right-click it, and choose PROPERTIES. Then use the Error Checking tool.

2017-03-06_10-43-30.png

Back