Can I reset font size for all personal commentary notes?

Ken Sturgeon

I seem to have a mixture of medium and large fonts within my personal commentary notes. Is there a way to resize them all at once?
Thank you.
Ken

You could export it in FORGE format. Menu item file/select library module. Right click on your note file and select user module options, then select advanced user module maintenance then export.

With a text editor (notepad) find all the places where "font size" is mentioned and make the changes so they are all the same. Then use FORGE to recreate your notes in SS. Otherwise you would have to change each note.

The fastest way to do this is to use the Advanced Module Maintenance tool (on the User menu) to remove formatting tags from the module:

2017-03-25_19-27-40.png

But you will want to make sure you back up your module first in case this does more than you really want.

Also in the editor you can do the same thing on a per-entry basis:

2017-03-25_19-29-53.png

You could export it in FORGE format. Menu item file/select library module. Right click on your note file and select user module options, then select advanced user module maintenance then export.

With a text editor (notepad) find all the places where "font size" is mentioned and make the changes so they are all the same. Then use FORGE to recreate your notes in SS. Otherwise you would have to change each note.

Thanks wsbones -- this came in handy for me 4 1/2 years later. I added notes to every verse in the book of Mark before realizing I'd rather have the fonts in size 12 format rather than size 10. Ha ha. Kinda late to switch my decision. Exporting the notes as FORGE allowed me to search and replace the font sizes. I also had to search and remove the line margins and font heights so that the paragraphs would be spaced correctly with the new font size. I imported the file back in after the change and it looks great. I did remember to make a backup copy of the user module first in case things went south.

Back