Program in Creating SS Bibles

Yirmeyah

I would like to ask what program do you use in creating SS Bibles. Where can I download it?

I'm planning to create a Tagalog Bible for SS and other translation in our dialects in the Philippines

If you don't want it to be downloaded, may I request to create a Tagalog Bible for SS?

Thank you very much and God bless!

There isn't currently a way for end-users to create Bible modules for SwordSearcher, but fairly soon, a module build program will be released allowing users to create modules outside of SwordSearcher.

This would be a GOOD thing!!

Bro. Mike

Brandon Staggs said:
There isn't currently a way for end-users to create Bible modules for SwordSearcher, but fairly soon, a module build program will be released allowing users to create modules outside of SwordSearcher.

Brandon,

Do you have a particular concern about end-users creating Bible mods for SS?

Pastor Tim

Brandon, has this yet come to pass?

Or were you simply referring to Forge?

Yuep, this "came to pass" November of 2006. Forge is it.

Wow, finally! I have already successfully converted Tagalog Ang Biblia to SwordSearcher Bible using Forge. Thanks!

For those who are interested with this Tagalog Bible, you may download it at ---- [link no longer valid]

Last edited by a moderator:
This page in the link is showing as a phishing site now. Does anyone have a Tagalog KJV Bible that includes the whole 1John 5:7 verse instead of ... 7 At ang Espiritu ang nagpapatotoo, sapagka't ang Espiritu ay katotohanan. <-- a chopped up verse as I am told. I do not speak Tagalog.

You can use Forge. It's available here: http://www.swordsearcher.com/forge/index.html

SSforge.pdf explains the format. When you open Forge the help file has a link in the top right corner. Here's a snippet for the Bible format. Basically each verse reference is on a line by itself like $$ Ge 1:1. Then the verse text is on the next line.

upload_2017-6-3_14-37-25.png

You can use Forge. It's available here: http://www.swordsearcher.com/forge/index.html

SSforge.pdf explains the format. When you open Forge the help file has a link in the top right corner. Here's a snippet for the Bible format. Basically each verse reference is on a line by itself like $$ Ge 1:1. Then the verse text is on the next line.

View attachment 931
Thank you Bill! I'm not able to do that yet but now that I know what is possible, I can search around and see what I can find. :)

Yuep, this "came to pass" November of 2006. Forge is it.
In doing this for the first time in creating a bible module, I have not found a way to edit it without going back through Forge. If possible, do you think you could make it editable inside the SS program just like user created books and commentaries?
Thanks,
Regie

After my discussions today with wsbones I got to wondering just how you could export a bible you have created and thinking about the fact that you have to go back via Forge to make any corrections. Well, it occurred to me that if you will bring that bible module in as a commentary, then you can make corrections and can export it as HTML and/or for Forge. You can then make corrections in the commentary module and export it for Forge and then go into Forge and build it anew as a bible module.

Anyone see any flaws with these ideas - something I have not thought of?

MGB,
Regie

If you bring your Bible file in as a commentary then you should be able to edit it in SS. You can also export it as a Forge file and then edit that file with a text editor or with Word. If you use Word, make sure you save it as a text file if you want to use Forge to bring it back in.

Maybe it would be a good SS feature to be able to export user created Bibles.

I think Forge will strip any HTML codes that you might add into a commentary when you bring it back in as a Bible.

Another possibility is to just leave it as a commentary and don't make a Bible out of it.

I just brought a Bible text file in as a commentary. If you use the commentary feature of looking at the all the comments in a chapter at once, it acts like a parallel version. You can edit individual verses as you would a commentary using highlights and bold, etc. But if you export and then import as a Bible you will probably lose any special features.

I've seen more than one person use the commentary system to edit a Bible translation.

To answer the question brought up in the thread, there is not a way and no plans to offer editing within the Bible panel itself. The Forge text input format was designed for primarily automated use: some form of programming or scripting is typically needed in order to convert to the Forge input file format all at once, from some other format.

Last edited:
Back