Hello & suggestions please

decon

Would like to purchase a laptop with the least bloatware pre-loaded software to have as a dedicated
Swordseacher tool,

I don't really like to recommend hardware, because it can be such an expensive purchase, but I have been very satisfied with my Microsoft Surface Book as a laptop. I use it during personal Bible study and also for testing during SwordSearcher development. You specifically mentioned pre-loaded software-- I know what you mean. Our home has had laptops from Dell and HP in the past, and those always came with way too much pre-loaded stuff that didn't get used. The Microsoft Surface Book I have didn't come with any "junkware" that I can recall. If there is a Microsoft store near you, you could go in and try out their latest machines.

Microsoft store has these other computers from other mfg's that have the bloatware removed too. There are other ways to get rid of the bloatware by re-installing Win 10 using Windows Fresh start that is built right in to Windows 10. Go to Settings -> Update & security -> Recovery-> "Learn how to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows" and clicking that will walk you through it and it doesn't take long. [edit: unless you've had your machine a while then you have to re-install apps]

I have personally found that I don't use the touch screen with SS because I never figured out how to perform a "mouse hover" (and other things... might be a good tutorial topic if anyone knows how) on it ;)

I have personally found that I don't use the touch screen with SS because I never figured out how to perform a "mouse hover" (and other things... might be a good tutorial topic if anyone knows how) on it

There's no way to do that with a finger, but it does work with a digitizer just fine (the Surface Pen that comes with the Book works for this).

Back