SwordSearcher 8.2 Released

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
SwordSearcher 8.2 is now available.

Be sure to try out the new Word Trees tool -- a fun, unique way to see word and phrase connections in the Bible.

If you're a SwordSearcher user already, go here for your upgrade.

What's New in SwordSearcher 8.2
Q2 2018

If you are using a version older than 8.0, be sure to watch the video that shows what's new in SwordSearcher 8.

New Modules:

• Joseph Sutcliffe's Commentary on the Old and New Testaments (1835) [Commentary module: Sutcliffe]
  • Reviving the Blessed Hope of Thessalonians (by Douglas Stauffer and Andrew Ray, 2016) [Book module: StauRBHT] A book-form commentary on 1st and 2nd Thessalonians. Includes 17 charts.
  • When the End Begins (by Douglas Stauffer and Andrew Ray, 2017) [Book module: StauWTEB] A book-form commentary on Matthew chapters 24 and 25. Includes 60 charts.
Major new features:

• Bible Word Trees:
    word-tree.png
    • Bible Word Trees show fascinating connections between words and phrases in the Bible.
    • The Word Tree is a visualization tool (like the Word Cloud Generator) designed to help you see Bible search results in a very different way.
    • See groupings of the sentences and phrases flowing into and out of a word or phrase across the whole Bible or just chapters or books.
    • Connections between words and phrases can suddenly become obvious where they can be hard to spot in a conventional list of verses.
    • Fully interactive. Fast.
    • Integrated: load conventional verse lists and search results based on the word trees for further study.
    • See dozens of word tree previews for any portion of Scripture, like a chapter or book, to get ideas for additional exploration, or just to get a new birds-eye view of a passage.
  • Live verse tagging in the user module entry editor:
    • It is no longer necessary to save the text you are editing to see what will be automatically linked as a verse reference.
    • As you type, the editor will "live tag" any text that is recognized as a verse reference so you can see immediately what will be linked and it will instantly respond to any changes you make.
    • You can hold your mouse pointer over the live tag to see the text in a pop-up preview to verify it is what you intended.
    • Additional options when right-clicking a live-tagged reference in the editor.
    • Also added a handy keyboard shortcut for power users to insert a "contextual reference" at the caret position (Ctrl+R):
      • This inserts the book and chapter from the most recent verse reference recognized up to the caret position.
      • This is just a convenience keyboard shortcut to avoid the need to re-type book and chapter repeatedly when making a series of references broken up by other text.
  • Full-library Search Results display has been redesigned:
    • The layout of library search result previews has been improved.
    • More previews of matching text inside of entries are visible without taking up much more space.
    • Match previews also indicate how many individual matches there are in each entry, in addition to each module, so it is more obvious when an entry has multiple matches beyond what is visible in the preview.
    • Significant performance improvements.
  • Many additional optimizations and fixes. See the full revision history for detail.

So many fun new features! I can't believe how much faster I can enter long strings of verse references now (with the new LIVE verse tagging) in my user book, and check they are correct and "green" in the editor before saving the edits. SwordSearcher is so nice to me to also help fix my sloppy typing and capitalization on verse references in the editor so the saved page shows correctly. Awesome!

The new Tree tool helps me spot related verses and so much more! These new visual and audio helps, make it easier for deep and enriched study of the text God's word. " I see what you're saying" so to speak :)
Wow!

Yes, Congrats! This is an exciting release! Word Trees are a great way to study words and phrases, besides being interesting!

Congratulations indeed on another great release Brandon! I am looking forward to exploring all the new features (she rubs hers hands in excitement)!

Congratulations as always. You are still in touch with your roots, by which I mean, you are responsive to your users.

I do have one question. I thought at one time you had information on the authors of the various "official" modules, like a short bio, etc.? Do you still, or am I mistaken.

If you don't, do you plan to add something like that?

Emailing you a bug report. It would not send via the program.

Congratulations as always. You are still in touch with your roots, by which I mean, you are responsive to your users.

I do have one question. I thought at one time you had information on the authors of the various "official" modules, like a short bio, etc.? Do you still, or am I mistaken.

If you don't, do you plan to add something like that?

I have a bunch listed here: https://www.swordsearcher.com/christian-authors/index.html

But I kind of stopped doing those in favor of writing the information into the details of the modules linked from here: https://www.swordsearcher.com/resources.html

Q: When is the most "drinking coffee day" ?

A: Always the day of the: " SWORDSEARCHER RELEASE DAY".

What a job once more.... Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Sir. May the Lord Jesus Christ Bless You and your Whole family.
Just can't stop diggin' in it ....just can't !!!
In french: "Merci Monsieur Stagg, vous Ètes une Bénédiction, Merci.!"

I'm anxious to see the coming video on using the word trees. What an impressive feature and novel idea. I've read the help on it and played with it quite a bit but I ALWAYS learn something new from your videos.

I'm anxious to see the coming video on using the word trees. What an impressive feature and novel idea. I've read the help on it and played with it quite a bit but I ALWAYS learn something new from your videos.
Indeeeeeed hey???
Same here !!!!

Will be ordering the CD here in a short, but the "WORD TREE" is just plain off the charts! How in the world you came up with that is only by divine inspiration. Lord bless you and am looking forward to my CD when ordered:)

Will be ordering the CD here in a short, but the "WORD TREE" is just plain off the charts! How in the world you came up with that is only by divine inspiration. Lord bless you and am looking forward to my CD when ordered:)
Which CD are talking about??????

Which CD are talking about??????

I'm sure he's referring to the DVD option (instead of the download) from the order page. It's exactly what you get with the download but on a disc, nothing more.

Back