3000 Died - 3000 Saved: Amazing Grace!

Discussion in 'Bible, Doctrine, and Other Topics' started by TerriP, Jan 8, 2009.

1. TerriP

TerriP Active Member

3000 Died - 3000 Saved

It is interesting to note that on the day Moses came down from the mountain 3000 were slain, but on the day the church was established in Mount Zion, 3000 were saved. The law of Moses was a law of spiritual death because nobody could keep it perfectly, but the law of Christ is a law of life because it provides for the forgiveness of our sins.

Exodus 32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.​

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.​
    Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

God's grace is more than enough for any problem or need. "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness"... II Corinthians 12:9

Thank you, dear Abba, for your grace in every time of my every need.

2. wstruse

wstruse Member

TerriP,

Thanks, that is really neat! I had never realized that. Both events took place on the day of Pentecost. On this same day YHWH verbally spoke the 10 commandments to Israel at Sinai. Then at Pentecost the Spirit wrote upon the ?fleshy? tables of the heart.

Acts 1:4-5 4 And, being assembled together with them [Jesus], commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Acts 2:1,41 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place ????????. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

2 Corinthians 3:3 3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Galatians 3:10-14 10 ? For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

3. wsbones

wsbones Beta Tester

2 Corinthians 3:6 ... for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Interesting.

4. TerriP

TerriP Active Member

I love Bible study, don't you? Like what we're doing here. I know it sounds so simple, and of course His Word is simple or rather uncomplicated - even children understand it sometimes more clearly than adults; His yoke is easy...

But it's also so multi-dimensional or more than that. Sometimes His Word is like, I don't know, diamonds or some kind of jewels or something. And then it's like a bright light when you open the Book, like one of those lights at a movie premiere, you know, that shine in the sky? It fills me up until I feel like light itself, all shining, like I could just float with it.. And then it's like water in my veins instead of blood, or sometimes like the stuff kids blow bubbles with, like so clean or something, running through my veins. And then I love Him so much!

I tell you what, His Word is like a burning fire shut up in my bones. "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it."

5. wstruse

wstruse Member

TerriP,

I share your sentiments. I sometimes think of it as finding buried treasure. It often makes me think of Proverbs 25:2.

Proverbs 25:2 2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter

On a related topic, for those who may be interested, awhile back I did some research on the chronology of the Exodus and the events surrounding the 1st few months up until the giving of the law at Sinai. So as not take over your topic I will post it on a separate thread.

Warm regards,
    William Struse

6. RevTim

RevTim Beta Tester

That's an interesting note to add to my Bible, thanks.