5 Promises/Passages that tell us how close we are to the return of Jesus

Discussion in 'Bible, Doctrine, and Other Topics' started by TerriP, Apr 9, 2017.

1. TerriP

TerriP Active Member

5 Promises/Passages that tell us how close we are to Jesus' return:
    1. In the last days I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh:

a. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: (Joel 2:28)

b. And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: (Acts 2:17)

2. In the last chapter of Daniel, in the last days knowledge will be increased, (this includes the Holy Spirit, Who is the purveyor of knowledge, that is, the knowledge of the Word of God), and they shall run to and fro.

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river. And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days. (Daniel 12:1-13)

3. The Second Gathering in 1948 (the first being the return from the Babylonian exile 539-538 BC) when the Holy Spirit brought back, and is still bringing back, Jews from all over the world to their homeland.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. (Isaiah 11:11-12)
    4. As Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 3:

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. (2 Timothy 3:1-7)

5. As Jesus said in Matthew 24:

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:14)
    Any comments are as always very welcome. Or additions, thanks. I sort of borrowed the list from my pastor as he preached on this today, but I am still working on it, because it is so encouraging!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  2. Johnny NL

Johnny NL Active Member

I like that....what you wrote, it is a great thing.! ! ! !
    Luc 10; 23-24
    23 And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:

24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

I strongly believe, WE are the Blessed ones to see all this happening.... My heart is fill with joy, for the Bible TELLS ME SO !!!!!:D

Ruthlyn likes this.
  3. ishaknatan

ishaknatan Beta Tester

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:14)

In contrast with the gospel of the grace of God, the gospel of the kingdom would literally be preached during the tribulation period (70th week of Daniel) by the Jews . . .

Ruthlyn and marty like this.