A couple more books

Thanks Bill. You always do such good work.

Ruthlyn

Oh, I like these two books. Words are so interesting, anyway, but to study His Word...
Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.​
Also have you noticed that there has been lately an emphasis on His Word, in teachings seen on TV, our own pastors, and in our own leading and guiding by the Holy Spirit. It's like, get back to My Word.

Thanks, Bill. Both of these are extremely useful in Word studies. I sure do like how God uses you to bless us :)

One way to make use of the unique word book is to put a link in a user note on verse 1:1 of each book of the Bible to the unique word topic for that book.

This is easy to do when you are editing your note. View the unique word topic for that book of the Bible and right click. Select "send book entry link to editor".

One way to make use of the unique word book is to put a link in a user note on verse 1:1 of each book of the Bible to the unique word topic for that book.

This is easy to do when you are editing your note. View the unique word topic for that book of the Bible and right click. Select "send book entry link to editor".

Okay, this is what I did:
  1. Opened up "Bonnell's Unique Word Book" in the book section. Probably you don't have to do this in this case...? But that's what I did.
  2. In the Bible section, KJV Bible, I went to 1 Chronicles verse 1. (A shortcut for this is to use the "Go to verse" in the upper left corner, type in 1ch.1, then press enter.)
  3. Clicked on Barnes in the "Commentary" list, (in the Bible section, to the right of the Scripture - I always have the "Commentary list" displayed), so that all the commentaries for 1 Chronicles would appear in the "Commentaries" section (I have this below the Bible section, because I like to use the Classic View.) - for some reason my commentary section does not always synchronize with my Bible selection of verses.
  4. Clicked on the "Terri" tab in that section.
  5. Right-click in the body of my commentary
  6. Left-click on "Edit commentary"
  7. Left-click on "Insert" up at the top of the box
  8. Left-click on "Link to an entry in book or commentary module"
  9. Check "Module"
  10. Click on the down arrow under "Module" and highlight (click on) "BUWbook (Bonnell's Unique Word Book)"
  11. Click the down arrow on "Entry" and highlight "1ch"
  12. Click on "OK"
  13. Save my commentary
I think it would be neat to do this to every Scripture in the BUWbook.

I also like the option to name it whatever I want to, like spell out "Bonnell Unique 1 Chronicles", then that will appear instead of the default "BUWbook:1ch"

I have not made full use of SwordSearcher - that's apparent :) But boy, these search tools I'm learning with this 6.0 are fab, to say nothing of how it is affecting my Bible study and what I can get out of my Word studies. Thanks, Bill !

Terri P.

p.s. Bill, could you please explain the Bonnell's Word Book to me? I am not getting it. Thanks.

Terri P.

p.s. Bill, could you please explain the Bonnell's Word Book to me? I am not getting it. Thanks.

Terri P.

The book, BUWBook, contains words that appear only in the selected book and not in any other book. For example, the 1Th book entry shows these words. If you search them in SS, you'll see that they only occur in 1Th:

affectionately, allowed, feebleminded, forewarned, holily, prophesyings, unblameably, work's,

It shows something unique about the book. Why are these words used? Why are they not used anywhere else. Is the Greek or Hebrew word for these words translated differently in other books?

Is this what you wanted explained?

The book, BUWBook, contains words that appear only in the selected book and not in any other book. For example, the 1Th book entry shows these words. If you search them in SS, you'll see that they only occur in 1Th:

affectionately, allowed, feebleminded, forewarned, holily, prophesyings, unblameably, work's,

It shows something unique about the book. Why are these words used? Why are they not used anywhere else. Is the Greek or Hebrew word for these words translated differently in other books?

Is this what you wanted explained?

Right, I got that about the BUWbook... But what I was asking about is the other one, the BWbook, Bonnell's Word Book... which "...contains the words of each book of the Bible sorted in descending frequency of occurrence." But I think I understand that one now, too...:

For example, 1ch has 250 sons, 163 son, 153 david...etc. That means that in 1 Chronicles that's how may times those words are used in that book only. That's in the entire 1 Chronicles. But, for example, in 1 Timothy, the word "son" is used only twice, in the whole book of 1 Timothy, as opposed to 250 sons or 163 son in 1 Chronicles. Is that right..?

And then of course taking it from there, you could research all sorts of words like that, like where they are used a lot, or where they are not.

Neat. If I get that right, very neat... Thanks, Bill.

Neat. If I get that right, very neat... Thanks, Bill.

Exactly right. If you do a SS word search for the word Sons in 1ch, you'll get 250 occurrences.

There are some cases where you will get a slightly different number using SS search in a book - due to apostrophes. I count words with an apostrophe as a different word from the base word.

I go down the list looking for interesting words that occur frequently. They are generally not at the very top of the list. They tend to be longer words.

Back