Add Gods Word Bible version

Fulton

I consider the KJV as the authorized version. However I read other versions. I would like to see the 'Gods Word' version included in SS. If not possible then I would be interested in adding it as a user commentary. Any ideas along these lines. Appreciate your thoughts or suggestions.​

There are some problems with it. First of all, it seems to be Critical Text based (Novum Testamentum Graece 26th edition). If you consider KJV as authorative, you should know that the text underlining GODS WORD takes away about as much words as is in 1. and 2. epistle of Peter. One example of it would be 1.John 5:7. Secondly, it changes verses when not omitting them. Like Mark 1:2 or Eph 4:6. Thirdly, it uses dynamic equivalence method in translation which makes it more like commentary than translation. Example would be John 1:1, 13.
I would recommend you read Crowned with Glory from your SS. In that book Thomas Holland tells about this issue between KJV and modern versions and why it is so very important. Check those places above too, side by side, KJV and GODS WORD, see the difference yourself.

Back