Another abbreviation

Eric

Beta Tester
Hi, Brandon. I found another abbreviation today that maybe sometime could be added to the lists in SS and Forge that recognize Bible book abbreviations: "Pss." for "Psalms" (plural). (At least I assume it's not in the list since SS didn't recognize it when I used it in a user module.) I guess this is a proper way to list references from more than one Psalm in a list. Here's the sample:

"It occurs with this sense in polite greeting, Gen. 19:1;23:7, in falling down, Isa. 45:4; and in worship of God, Pss. 5:7; 66:4; or of idols, Jer. 1:16; 8:2."

SwordSearcher is a wonderful tool! :)

Thanks -- I'll add it to the list in the next update.

Another thing: would it be possible and advisable to have a blank space function as chapter - verse divider when you "Go to Verse" (Alt-G)? Some programs allow that and it does seem convenient. Another thing that sometimes comes up with foreign-language Bibles is that some use a comma for the chapter-verse divider, so in Alt-G it would be nice if "Jo 3,16" (and even Jo 3.16 for that matter) also took you to the verse. Just thoughts from the other side of the planet :)

Another thing: would it be possible and advisable to have a blank space function as chapter - verse divider when you "Go to Verse" (Alt-G)? Some programs allow that and it does seem convenient. Another thing that sometimes comes up with foreign-language Bibles is that some use a comma for the chapter-verse divider, so in Alt-G it would be nice if "Jo 3,16" (and even Jo 3.16 for that matter) also took you to the verse. Just thoughts from the other side of the planet :)

Jo 3.16 is recognized as Joh 3:16. The period functions as a colon.

As for the comma, I need to be careful not to create a regression bug -- some books SwordSearcher uses have commas separating chapters if the chapter has not yet been specified, then use commas to separate lists of verses after a chapter (like Joh 3:16,17). Introducing the comma as a chapter/verse delimiter like the : or . could create problems with references that use the more common system.

Back