Audio Bible Support in SwordSearcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI...

Just got my AMG Scourby MP3, 6 discs, downloaded on my "C" (hard drive)
I clicked on "link audio files", click on "AMG Scourby MP3" file,...
it scan the files, then; I have a window saying: unable to link audio files due to the following error: access violation at address 32FEDFF3 in module
'mpeg2dmx.ax'. Read of address 34415000
anyone have any idea what to do?
I don't understand that window at all....

if ever someone would have a solution to my problem, ... just can't figure it out....THANKS.

HI...

Just got my AMG Scourby MP3, 6 discs, downloaded on my "C" (hard drive)
I clicked on "link audio files", click on "AMG Scourby MP3" file,...
it scan the files, then; I have a window saying: unable to link audio files due to the following error: access violation at address 32FEDFF3 in module
'mpeg2dmx.ax'. Read of address 34415000
anyone have any idea what to do?
I don't understand that window at all....

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!
AMEN TO THE LORD OF MY SOUL........!!!

FIX: the, 'mpeg2dmx.ax' had to be deleted in "C" for it was conflicting
with the "AMG Scourby MP3" file. (you may rename the file, 'mpeg2dmx.ax' and it also worked)

GOD is WONDERFUL AND GREAT, AND MORE THAN EVERYTHING...
NOW, I am FULLY enjoying "the voice of the WORD" while I'm able to read the books and commentaries.....

What a program Sir !!!!
THANKS Mr. Brandon,
YOU ARE A BLESSING FROM GOD !!!
AMEN.:D ;) :)

Great -- so glad it's working. Thanks for reporting your fix!

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!
AMEN TO THE LORD OF MY SOUL........!!!

Isn't it NEAT when God takes an obvious hand in solving problems that just baffle you?

There aren't words enough to properly describe how great our Lord is!

I am using the recommended AMG audio, but for some reason SS tells me that "Your audio files only support chapter playback" in the Configure Bible Audio setup. It verifies the audio, and I do indeed get chapter level playback. I have tried removing the audio links and starting over, but still no verse level support. Any thoughts?

I am using the recommended AMG audio, but for some reason SS tells me that "Your audio files only support chapter playback" in the Configure Bible Audio setup. It verifies the audio, and I do indeed get chapter level playback. I have tried removing the audio links and starting over, but still no verse level support. Any thoughts?

Did you copy the files directly from the CD set (from AMG), or did you let a media player do it? A few people have had this problem when they let their media player software handle the files. Seems that some want to re-encode the audio which throws off the audio stream timing, making SwordSearcher unable to tell that they are the expected files. So far each time this has been reported to me, they have been able to fix the problem by manually copying the audio files from the CD set using Windows Explorer, and not allowing another program to modify the mp3 files.

Gotcha. I did use MP3Tag to clean up the tags. They are kind of messy just copied from the CDs -- and I'm a stickler for nice clean file names and tags :)

I also like the files to show in canonical order instead of alphabetical order so I append 01, 02...66 to them.

I'll re-copy from the CD and see if MP3Tag was the culprit.

So could there be support for more audio bibles in the future?

So could there be support for more audio bibles in the future?

SwordSearcher supports any audio Bible with reasonably named files. If you know of a set that won't link, please let me know so I can look into it.

As for verse-level synchronization, the labor involved in creating the time index information for all 31,102 verses is quite a bit and there are no plans to create the data for additional sets, since the auto-scrolling already works well enough for all audio Bibles. Just for clarity:

• Virtually any audio Bible with one audio file per chapter will work in SwordSearcher, and automatic scrolling of the Bible panel during playback works well.
  • Only the AMG Scourby KJV audio Bible supports verse-level synchronization/highlighting, and there are no current plans to add verse-level support for other sets.

Did you copy the files directly from the CD set (from AMG), or did you let a media player do it? A few people have had this problem when they let their media player software handle the files. Seems that some want to re-encode the audio which throws off the audio stream timing, making SwordSearcher unable to tell that they are the expected files. So far each time this has been reported to me, they have been able to fix the problem by manually copying the audio files from the CD set using Windows Explorer, and not allowing another program to modify the mp3 files.

Brandon, thanks for your attentive eye on all this. I have run into one issue with verse-level playback, that I have been unable to solve. It's not something you support (Mac related), so I don't expect any help, but I thought I'd report it anyway. I have been unable to get the AMG Scourby audio to playback by verse with SwordSearcher installed via CrossOver on a Mac. The MP3 files had first been copied from the factory disks to a directory via the Mac side. Thinking the Mac side changed something, I tried a different approach: I used Windows Explorer on the Windows XP side of the Mac (under VirtualBox) and recopied the files directly from the disks to the harddrive of the XP system. Then I locked the files on the harddrive immediately so no changes would be made. Then I copied the files to the Mac side and tried to link them to SwordSearcher. SS6 still would only recognize them as chapter-level audio files, so I gave up. I think I'll just stay with SS6 under VB for now. The verse-by-verse scrolling when audio is playing is so wonderful I can't imagine it not being there.

And as an aside, I am not aware of ANY Bible program – other than SwordSearcher – for Mac or Windows (other than web-based) that will scroll through verse by verse to Scourby's audio. One can get machine-read text (yuck!), but Scourby's is very, very good. I recently listened to Lamentations and the reading is very well done and corresponds extremely well to the meaning of the text. I use it every morning now. So, thanks, Brandon, for this tool!

(Edit: actually I don't even think any of the web-based ones will do Scourby's audio, either.)

I have a new computer with Windows 7 Professional installed. I have installed SwordSearcher and updated to version 6.1.2.4. I have also installed the six Scourby KJV discs, linked and verified the links. When I try to play the audio files, the program freezes and I have to end task with task manager. Everything else in the program seems to be working. Has anyone else encountered this problem and does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

I have a new computer with Windows 7 Professional installed. I have installed SwordSearcher and updated to version 6.1.2.4. I have also installed the six Scourby KJV discs, linked and verified the links. When I try to play the audio files, the program freezes and I have to end task with task manager. Everything else in the program seems to be working. Has anyone else encountered this problem and does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

That sounds very much like there is a problem with audio drivers on your computer. (This would not necessarily mean that no audio works on your computer.) When SwordSearcher plays an audio Bible file, all it is really doing is telling Windows to play the audio, and SwordSearcher tracks the position of the audio playback for information in SwordSearcher.

The solution may be as simple as re-installing the latest audio drivers from your computer manufacturer, or installing the latest version of Windows Media Player, or might be a little more complex such as the solution found by a user in this post who was experiencing crashes.

Although it won't necessarily fix driver problems, Microsoft has a "FixIt" for audio you might want to try here.

One additional note is that I can play the audio files directly in Media Player, but when I try to play them through the SwordSearcher link they do not work. I have moved the audio files to several different places. Each time they link and verify, but don't play through the SwordSearcher program. Does this information suggest any further ideas?

One additional note is that I can play the audio files directly in Media Player, but when I try to play them through the SwordSearcher link they do not work. I have moved the audio files to several different places. Each time they link and verify, but don't play through the SwordSearcher program. Does this information suggest any further ideas?

It would be consistent with a codec problem. Windows Media Player doesn't necessarily play the files using the same codec that is the "default." This is a long-shot, but have you installed any "codec packs" or audio/video editing software?

Yes, I have preinstalled a rather large audio/video capture/editing program. Perhaps, it is interfering with SwordSearcher. I am on hold with their tech support right now.

I've got it figured out. In Windows 7 click on start, click on all programs, click on Windows 7 - Codec Pack, click on ffdshow Audio, click on the MP3 Decoder, click on libavcodec, click on apply, click on ok, open SwordSearcher and play the audio. It works!!

Good job, Charlie! Isn't it cool when it finally comes together!!! :)

I've got it figured out. In Windows 7 click on start, click on all programs, click on Windows 7 - Codec Pack, click on ffdshow Audio, click on the MP3 Decoder, click on libavcodec, click on apply, click on ok, open SwordSearcher and play the audio. It works!!

This is great information for anyone else with ffdshow installed -- Thanks!

I had tried to use the Audio Feature in CodeWeavers Crossover on Linux openSuse 12.1 with SwordSearcher 6.2. It would work once then crash SwordSearcher if I tried to use it again. (indexed AMG Scourby KJV files purchased from Amazon 6 MP3 CD's green/white copied to hard drive in one directory/folder using a Windows 7 machine to avoid the *"." thumbnail files)

For one reason or another, swapping file systems or the software that played them on Linux, some of the file names got truncated, and deleted a "1" on files that should have been 11.
So;
Alexander Scourby - John 11.mp3 got renamed
Alexander Scourby - John 1.mp3...
leaving me with 2= files named Alexander Scourby - John 1.mp3. (Same for each book of the Bible with a chapter 11)
I think either Amorok or Audacious (Linux version of iTunes or Windows Media Player) were the culprit but I don't know for sure which one.

I then tried to use SwordSearcher 6.2 on my Win7Pro HP.
Crashed every time I tried to play the audio.
Reverted back to SwordSearcher 6.1 = no crash.

Then I found that playing a file through Windows Media Player before trying to play SwordSearcher audio, would also cause SwordSearcher 6.1 to crash.
That = Codec problem!

I began to uninstall web browser plug ins and add-ons that use codec for audio and video conversion and downloading, and found that removing 1 or both of these fixed it.
BVD Best Video Downloader (browser plug in)
Philips ARCSOFT Video converter (converts video for their player device)
Problem fixed on Windows 7 with 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back