Audio Bible Support in SwordSearcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Brandon,
I recently upgraded my desktop to win 8 pro. I did all I can possibly think of to bring codecs and audio drivers up-to-date but I am getting a weird glitchy sound when the chapter begins. If I use the audio files that I compiled from the 60 plus CDs I had, no glitchy sound but it scrolls. Any ideas how to get rid of the awful sound at the start of every chapter? o_O

I haven't experienced audio problems with Windows 8 (my main development OS for a while now). What audio files are you using that give you the "glitch" effect? I mean, what's the source of the audio, as opposed to the ones that don't give you the problem?

I just double checked mine after reading your post- got my curiosity?

I need to upgrade to SS7........., still running SS6-- but on Win 8 (64 bit) SS Audio starts up immediately when I click the widget, my Win7 (64 bit) machine has a lag of about 2 seconds I guess, but everything seems good on my end. Sorry to hear about your glitch. I am sure Brandon will figure out what you should do, but I know way back when I tried storing the audio or point it to a place other than my C drive, Program Files (etc) there was all kind of hiccups- but it would work. Basically I did not follow directions........:)

The audio source with the glitchy sound is the one you recommended to get the verse level play option. The other is a set of 67 CDs that was given to me as a gift that I converted to mp3 as the CDs began to deteriorate, those play ok but I can't get the verse level play option with them. The files are in the 'My Music' folder on my C drive and thanks for the commiseration Wes. Sigh... I'm sure the problem resides with my computer. Maybe when I get home from work I will try to record the sound for you Brandon. :confused:

Here it is Brandon. Thanks for any suggestions you can make.

Attachments

• Recording.zip
    71.2 KB · Views: 276
Thanks Bill... I will try it when I get home.

Tried it. Took out my file a replaced it with yours... still getting the glitch sound :(.

YEAH!!! (she dances a conservative 'wild' jig) I found a newer (and larger) win8codec pack and it SOLVED the problem :D. Woooohooo!! Thanks for trying to help guys... really you helped keep me from pulling out my (limited) hair! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back