Implemented! Audio

wsbones

Beta Tester
I mentioned this in email to Brandon previously but I would like to be able to use Bible audio files with SS. Online Bible integrates Scourby .wav files seamlessly on a verse level. Also, I have integrated mp3 files from www.firefighters.com into E-sword on a chapter basis. But when I try to call the windows media player using html links in the SwordSearcher personal commentary, the link does not work. This is odd since graphic and html links do work.

Anyway it would be nice to have a standard capability to play the public domain mp3 files for the KJV as you are reading the chapters and verses. (Rom 10:17)

wsbones said:
Anyway it would be nice to have a standard capability to play the public domain mp3 files for the KJV as you are reading the chapters and verses. (Rom 10:17)

Amen

Eric Martin Audio Bible

Personally, I like Eric Martin's audio KJV.

Stephen Johnson has a good voice. Some of the free MP3 downloads of his narration seemed to be "rushed" and kind of irritating. However, I realize there are several versions, some with background music, etc.

RejoiceSoftware.com has Eric Martin's narration in MP3 format CDs for $9.95
I've ordered from them before and can recommend this company (no affiliation)

I saw that eztracks.com has Eric Martin downloads for free (though you need to download one chapter at a time, and you need to register!). Be warned that they present a TON of "free" offers, each with various questions to get you to sign up for all these "tremendous" deals and eventually part with your hard earned money...not sure it's worth it!

Doug A.

I discovered something:

I can make the 1189 wav files from Scourby Audio Bible work with SS if I do a couple things.
1. Turn on the HTML editing feature for personal commentaries.
2. Use mplayer2.exe instead of Windows Media Player as the default application for .wav files. You do this by defining wav files to be opened with mplayer2 in the properties dialog of a .wav file.
3. Insert a link to the appropriate wav file in a personal commentary. Here's an example I used for Gen 1:1. Note that you must use the %20 instead of a space. My files reside in the c:\program files\bible\audio\av\ directory.

<a href=file:///C:\Program%20Files\Bible\AUDIO\AV\ge1.wav> Audio</a>

Now what would be nice is an easy way to create the 1189 links for each chapter. Is there any way to import a previously exported user commentary?

Bill

wsbones said:
Now what would be nice is an easy way to create the 1189 links for each chapter. Is there any way to import a previously exported user commentary?

No, not at the moment.

Over the next year I am planning on designing a release-quality module builder.

Email me privately if you would like to be able to beta test its development.

Back