Autopaste within MSWord

SkipL

There is a feature in a similar (though not as robust) free Bible program that has a macro which allows you to automatically paste a range of verses and commentary into MSWord. The macro adds a toolbar which alleviates the need to cut and paste. The Bible program does not even have to be running. This is a great feature.

Have you used SwordSearcher's verse auto-paste feature in Word? Although it does not add a toolbar to Word, the verse pasting is invoked with a simple keypress (Ctrl+Alt+V). This also has the advantage of working in virtually any text editing control in any Windows program, not just Word. I could create a Word "plug-in" but my reasoning was that a feature that works with any text editor is preferable over a Word-only feature.

You are correct that SwordSearcher needs to be running in order for verse auto-paste to work.

In your Word program, press Ctrl Alt and V at the same time and a box will open asking what verses you'd like to paste into your document. It works with email, word docs, etc. :)

In your Word program, press Ctrl Alt and V at the same time and a box will open asking what verses you'd like to paste into your document. It works with email, word docs, etc. :)

How did I miss THAT?! I've been using SwordSearcher a long time, and didn't know that capability existed. Wow! I really like it!

Yeah!! I missed that too!! Thanks very much you guys :). Just tried it out... way cool :).

Ruthlyn

Very neat, I didn't know that, either.

But wait! How does Word know to go to SwordSearcher?

Very neat, I didn't know that, either.

But wait! How does Word know to go to SwordSearcher?

It doesn't -- SwordSearcher is listening in the background for a Ctrl+Alt+V keypress and then does its thing, and tells Word to paste in the text.

It doesn't -- SwordSearcher is listening in the background for a Ctrl+Alt+V keypress and then does its thing, and tells Word to paste in the text.

Dude, SwordSearcher is awesome.

to God be the Glory, always - thanks, Brandon

Back