B key

wsbones

Beta Tester
I was testing the alphanumeric keys by themselves to see if any actions were associated with them. I discovered that the "b" key brings up a search window. It's the only one with an action.

What if, anytime an alphanumeric key was pressed (except during text box input), it had the same actions as pressing f6. The keypress would be captured and interpreted as part of a verse reference. The input would be displayed in the "go to verse" box.

For example:

1 would mean go to verse 1 and make it the current verse
2.2 go to ch 2, verse 2 and make it the current verse
mt 5.2 go to mt 5:2 and make it the current verse

I like that idea. I'll give it some serious consideration.

I think this is an excellent idea. I also like the idea of an iterative search in the Bible text pane when the cursur is not in a text field (Firefox web browser has an excellent example an iterative search implementation if you have the feature turned on. I use it all the time). These two would however be mutually exclusive unless you could toggle between them in with a function key. Maybe provide visual feed back in the status bar of what mode you are in.

I really like wsbones idea better. I'd rather see his idea implemented than mine if I had to choose.

Thanks,
Danny

Here's a list of 1st letters that would be used for books of the Bible. The rest of the letters would be available for other actions if desired.

Count of 1st letter/number used in books of the Bible. Here's a good puzzle. See if you can determine all the books of the Bible by the first letter. It's a little hard.

ltr Total
1 8
2 8
3 1
A 2
C 1
D 2
E 6
G 2
H 4
I 1
J 9