Bible Maps

Chris

Beta Tester
Aside from wishing for some of the old features to return, there are a couple of things that I would like to see in future SwordSeacher upgrades.

I would like to see more features from the Thompson Chain Reference Bible. One feature in particular that I have always found very useful is the Condensed Cyclopedia Of Topics and Texts. The Thompson Cyclopedia is like a condensed Naves Topical Bible with a complimentary variation of Bible topics.

The second feature I would like to see is a better set of Bible maps. In addition, I once saw a real neat feature that a friend of mine had from a free Bible program that he received with his purchased laptop from a computer convention many years ago. The program was simply a complete Bible text, but the interesting feature is that every word in the Bible that referred to a geographical location had a link that opened up a frame of a map that highlighted the location referred to in the Bible. I have never been able to find anything like it. It was tremendously helpful for geographic orientation.

Well, don?t know if its possible but that?s my list.

Chris

Aside from wishing for some of the old features to return,

To what features are you referring? The only thing I can think of that could be called a feature that 5.0 lacks is the ability to change the colors of each individual panel. I didn't think this was used much at all and so removed it for simplicity, but several people have said they liked it -- so it will be back in the next update.

Is this all you mean by "old features," or is there something else?

Actually Brandon, I emailed you recently about the previous features I missed. One was the colors and the other is how the searched text is displayed in the verse list box. The new way uses a highlighted box the old way was colored text.

Search results highlighting method

The new way uses a highlighted box the old way was colored text.

I'd like to hear from others on this -- in my opinion, the 5.0 method of highlighting text is superior (it appears like a highlight pen would show highlighted text, with a colored background around the text), as opposed to the 4.x method of changing the color of the text itself. The new method makes it easier for me to pick out the marked portions in a block of dense text. But I do understand that this is probably a matter of preference and that since I am partially color-blind it may not work the same for others.

What do others think?

Re: Search results highlighting method

I'd like to hear from others on this -- in my opinion, the 5.0 method of highlighting text is superior (it appears like a highlight pen would show highlighted text, with a colored background around the text), as opposed to the 4.x method of changing the color of the text itself. The new method makes it easier for me to pick out the marked portions in a block of dense text.

What do others think?
I agree.

Also I'd like to be able to manually highlight text. I think you probably have that on your list somewhere.

Also, I'd like to compliment you on the speed and ease of use of Forge. Thanks.

I think I can partially recant on my opinion of the highlighted text. I enlisted the opinion of my wife, and she likes the highlighted text better also and she had me change the highlight color from gray (the color I chose to minimize the effect) to yellow that is the classic highlight color. I find the classic yellow more esthetically pleasing and can agree with Bill that being able to highlight text would be a beneficial feature. On the other hand, when I perform a search, many times I will maximize the window so I can read through the verses and I find it easier to read through the verses as colored text instead of highlighted text because at first it attracts my eyes and I find it a bit more laborious to read through. I think with the new color I chose I would get use to it in time.

Chris

I like the highlighting feature.

Back