Bible Window

wsbones

Beta Tester
When all windows are undocked:

Clicking on the Bible window should bring it to the front. Clicking on the Bible window leaves it partially or completely hidden behind the other windows when they are overlapping. It seems the only way to see the whole Bible window when windows overlap is to hide or move the other windows.

Perhaps the action of clicking on a verse reference in a book or commentary should bring the Bible to the foreground (depending on verse hyperlinking style in text settings).

Same for the search window. If it gets behind a book, you have to hide or move the book window to see it. Pressing the f9 key hides the search window and pressing it again brings it to the front but clears out the current search. Seems like the f9 key should work like f11 or f12 and not delete the results.

When all windows are undocked:

Clicking on the Bible window should bring it to the front.

Perhaps the action of clicking on a verse reference in a book or commentary should bring the Bible to the foreground

It does (both of these) for me. Any interaction with a panel while it is undocked is supposed to bring it to the foreground.

I wonder if there may be a glitch in your layout file. Can you try rebuilding your docking layout from a default layout and then re-saving it?

It does (both of these) for me. Any interaction with a panel while it is undocked is supposed to bring it to the foreground.

I wonder if there may be a glitch in your layout file. Can you try rebuilding your docking layout from a default layout and then re-saving it?

I deleted the layout and rebuilt it from the standard layout by undocking the book pane, cmt pane, and search pane. I put the Bible on the left 1/2 of the screen and the other windows on the right 1/2. I closed all the other windows and saved the layout as 'floating windows' with just the Bible showing on the left 1/2 screen. Then I hit the f11 key and brought up the book window. I resized it to overlap the Bible window. Then I clicked on the Bible window but it still stayed behind the book window.

See attached image.

Attachments

• snap0048.jpg
    snap0048.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 268
Oh, I see now. You still have the Bible panel docked to the main window. Any undocked panels will always stay above the main window, so if you leave the Bible panel docked it can be covered by the others even when it's focused. If you undock the Bible panel from the main window, it will come in front of the others when you activate it.

There's really no way around this without making the undocked windows their "own" windows (not dockable). The Image Viewer is like that -- it gets its own taskbar icon so that it can go "behind" the main window. Presently there is no way to do that with dockable windows.

Oh, I see now. You still have the Bible panel docked to the main window. Any undocked panels will always stay above the main window, so if you leave the Bible panel docked it can be covered by the others even when it's focused. If you undock the Bible panel from the main window, it will come in front of the others when you activate it.

There's really no way around this without making the undocked windows their "own" windows (not dockable). The Image Viewer is like that -- it gets its own taskbar icon so that it can go "behind" the main window. Presently there is no way to do that with dockable windows.

Ah, I see now also.

I never thought to undock the Bible window but that makes sense now. Is there a way to make the empty window sizeable to just show the menu and controls when everything is undocked?

Thanks for clearing this up.

The reason I have the windows set up this way is to maximize the amount of stuff I can place on a 1024 x 768 projection screen in order to make maps and links useful in a teaching setting. Now that I can get the Bible to pop in front when I click a link, that solves the problem.

It would still be nice to have a one line menu and control system at the top when everything is undocked.

Thanks.

Ah, I see now also.

I never thought to undock the Bible window but that makes sense now. Is there a way to make the empty window sizeable to just show the menu and controls when everything is undocked?

Thanks for clearing this up.

There is a minimum main window size even when everything is undocked. I'll add this to the to-do list.

Back