User-submitted Bonnell's Dictionary of Three Word Phrases 1.2

Every Bible word with 3 word phrases, 1st and last occ, and links to search

1. wsbones

wsbones Beta Tester

wsbones submitted a new resource:

Bonnell's Dictionary of Three Word Phrases - Every Bible word with 3 word phrases, 1st and last occ, and links to search

Read more about this resource...

2. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

A very unique resource, thanks Bill!

3. Brandon Staggs

4. Brandon Staggs

5. wsbones

wsbones Beta Tester

I set my preferences-sync options to open this dictionary by default when double clicking a word in the Bible or verse-list. I use this more than any other resource.

Brandon Staggs likes this.
  6. Eric

Eric Beta Tester

I can see how useful this could be. I just installed it and set the sync for double clicking a word as you did. I then tried to test BD3 with "justification". I can't see any three-word phrases listed for "justification", although for "justify" and other words the phrases are listed. Does that just mean that there are no repetitive 3-word phrases including "justification"? Or am I doing something wrong?

Attached Files:

7. Brandon Staggs

I think Bill's module only includes phrases that appear more than once. None of the three-word phrases with justification appear more than once; in fact these are the only verses that have the word:

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

8. wsbones

wsbones Beta Tester

Thanks Brandon, that's correct.

9. Eric

Eric Beta Tester

Thank you, men. I wasn't alert enough to think of that, or I'd have seen it myself :)

10. john.a

john.a Active Member

thanks Bill.

11. Eric

Eric Beta Tester

This works really great for English, and I have used it and been helped by it. However, I think that when using the KJVSL in the past, a double click took me straight to the Strong's Greek or Hebrew dictionary. Now it takes me to the Dictionary of Three Word Phrases. So I think I need to change back. But … when I just tried to do that in the Sync Options, I see I can choose either the SGreek or SHebrew dictionaries, but not both. Wasn't there some way for SS to automatically choose the Greek or Hebrew depending on whether I'm clicking on an original word in the NT or OT? I guess I've missed something here. Could someone remind me?

My general sense is that it'd be great if the syncing could somehow be language sensitive, since I really like the Dictionary of Three Word Phrases for English.

12. Eric

Eric Beta Tester

OK, I see now: if I choose "Only selects the word," then the hyperlinks within KJVSL take you to the SGreek and SHebrew dictionaries. That must be the way I used to have it. Mystery solved! :)

13. Brandon Staggs

If you single-click the hyperlinks, they will take you to the definitions. You can still use the sync option for double-clicks (for some other option if your choice) if you want.

14. Eric

Eric Beta Tester

Oh! I guess I never single-click anything. Nothing like wasting half of your options, huh? :) I'll try to learn.