Buying a commentary on Amazon Kindle

BrockStory

I have been looking at the logos software and the only appealing thing I have found in my opinion is that you can buy commentaries and books right on their site and have them in your library.

So my question is for example I found a commentary that was 25$ on logos for 8$ on Amazon kindle.

Does anyone know if I am able to buy it on Amazon kindle and then copy the book and paste it into a user commentary on swordsearcher? Or also is there an even better way to do this?

I just know swordsearcher has a lot of old commentaries and would like some new ones on there.

It's possible to copy and paste from the Kindle Desktop app. I've never done this for a complete book, but I do it on occasion when I am working through a biblical book of some kind that I have on Kindle and I am putting together study notes.

It is not a simple one-and-done operation though, and I am pretty sure the Kindle Desktop app limits your ability to copy to small sections.

Thanks Brandon, do you have a more simple way of buying commentaries and putting them on sword searcher? Like a better place to buy them?

Thank you for your time!

There are so many modules available:
1703030125413.png

So far !

Last edited:
If one were to purchase a commentary or book in a PDF format they could open it with Word then save it out to HTML. Could the HTML file be modified and consumed by Forge to produce a SS book or commentary?

If one were to purchase a commentary or book in a PDF format they could open it with Word then save it out to HTML. Could the HTML file be modified and consumed by Forge to produce a SS book or commentary?
That would be one way to get started on it, but it would require a lot of manual work to import it as a module with Forge even still. You'd need to download Forge and take a look at the documentation to see how the data needs to be structured. An html dump from Word would contain a lot of extraneous markup that would make it fairly time consuming because each entry needs to be an individual html document itself.

Depending on the size of the data, brute-force copy-and-paste may be easier.

That would be one way to get started on it, but it would require a lot of manual work to import it as a module with Forge even still. You'd need to download Forge and take a look at the documentation to see how the data needs to be structured. An html dump from Word would contain a lot of extraneous markup that would make it fairly time consuming because each entry needs to be an individual html document itself.

Depending on the size of the data, brute-force copy-and-paste may be easier.
Thank you for that information Brandon.

Back