Chapters

kjvbible1611

Is there a way to get all the numbered chapters such as Exodus which would be the 51st chapter of the Bible etc.?
Thank You,
Gary

Let me be sure I understand -- you want to know what "global" chapter number a particular chapter in a book is, over the whole Bible. So Exodus 1 is the 56th chapter of the Bible, etc.

SwordSearcher doesn't have an information screen that will show that figure, no.

I went ahead and generated one for you. The attached file, Bible Chapter Sequence.PDF shows the chapter sequence of the Bible, from Genesis 1 (#1) to Revelation 22 (#1189).

Attachments

• Bible Chapter Sequence.pdf
    61.9 KB · Views: 297
It might be a useful addition to the Cambridge Bible display (if it were easy). My Cambridge has those chapter numbers in [brackets] next to the chapter heading.

It might be a useful addition to the Cambridge Bible display (if it were easy). My Cambridge has those chapter numbers in [brackets] next to the chapter heading.

What is the Cambridge Bible display? Is there a certain way to make SS show it? I looked in SS7.2's help for "Cambridge," but nothing came up. Just curious :)

What is the Cambridge Bible display? Is there a certain way to make SS show it? I looked in SS7.2's help for "Cambridge," but nothing came up. Just curious :)

What I meant was the way that SS displays the Bible (Cambridge edition).

Here's a snippet from my Cambridge paper Bible showing the chapter #.
upload_2016-1-16_8-46-38.png

The KJV text in SS is from the Cambridge Bible (circa 1900). It's slightly different in the spelling of a few words from the Oxford text. Two examples are "inquire" v. "enquire", and "counsellors" v. "counsellers". Otherwise it's the same as the Oxford 1769 edition.

Thank you, Bill. That clarifies things a bit. I didn't think there was some special display in SS to show it in "paper-like" format, but after all these years of using SS, I'm still finding out things that are there that I never saw. :)

SwordSearcher is an EVERY day discovery adventure, ... for me a least !:eek:
I just got into "verse number" and "chapter number", "Bible center", all that. I find this very extremely interesting, ALL the help I got, came from SwordSearcher itself and few "great helpers" (BILL).... Thank you very much Ya'all !!!:D:cool:
Be Blessed Mr. Staggs and all....
Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

AMEN LORD!

Back