Companion to the Bible

wsbones

Beta Tester
Companion to the Bible - Elijah Porter Barrows (1807-1888) was born at Mansfield, Connecticut, and received his A.B. (1826) and A.M. (1892) degrees from Yale University. His D.D. was awarded by Dartmouth College in 1858. Barrows was ordained to the gospel ministry in 1832 and for four years was an evangelist in churches in Connecticut. In 1835 he declined a position at Oberlin College. He also served as pastor of the Day Street Presbyterian Free Church in New York City. From 1837-52 he was Professor of Sacred Literature at Western Reserve College, Hudson, Ohio, and from 1853-65 was Professor of Hebrew language and Literature in Andover Theological Seminary. During 1869-70 he taught at Union Theological Seminary, New York City and in 1871 came to Oberlin as Acting (and then) Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament Literature which he taught until 1880. Barrows died September 14, 1888 and his will left to Oberlin College some 70 volumes of his private library, all in other languages than English. Barrows two main works were Companion to the Bible [c. 1867] and Sacred Geography and Antiquities [c. 187?]. His contributions to the Bibliotheca Sacra spanned 31 years including a series of 12 articles on Revelation and Inspiration (1867).

Thanks, Bill! Is this the same one as the earlier one, or has it been modified?

Thanks, Bill! Is this the same one as the earlier one, or has it been modified?

It the same.

I didn't know if people would see it on the Windows Live "cloud" so I posted it with a description of my Google site.

Back