Copy Selected Text

James Taylor

I Recently Bought A New Comp. With Vista And Now I Cannot Use The Copy Selected Text Feature On Ss. I Get This Message That Im Out Of Memory And Cannot Copy This Text. Does Anyone Know A Fix For This.

SwordSearcher is tested extensively on Windows Vista (which is what I use during development now), so it is highly unlikely that this is a Vista issue.

Do you have any other applications running when this happens? Can you use the right-click "copy verse" functions, etc?

Thanks Brandon.
Im Sure That Other Applications Are Runing But Only Those That Are In The Start Up File. Yes The Right Click Copy Works. The Memory Shortage Message Only Occurs When I Try To Paste.
I Can Copy And Paste In All Other Applications Except For The Ss. Copy Selected Text. This Never Occured Under Xp. Thanks.

You mentioned that the error occurs when you try to paste. Can you try different applications and see what happens? If it's an error when you paste, I don't think it could be a SwordSearcher issue, since by that time SwordSearcher is done copying to the clipboard.

Try pasting into Notepad and Wordpad and see what happens and let me know.

Also, regardless, a possible work-around would be to go to File > Preferences > Misc. Options and enable the "Use plain text for clipboard" option.

Back Again.
My Copy Selected Text Still Works Ok But Now I Have Lost The Use Of Copy Verse With Right Click. I Am Runing Ms Works Word Processor And It Has Been Working Fine Until A Few Weeks Ago. I Did Two Things, I Down Loaded Vista Server Pack 2 And I Up-graded My Ss. I Dont Know If One Of The Two Upgrades Caused The Prob. I Also Have Words 2000 On The Same Comp And Every Thing Works Right On That. I Can Copy From Ss To Word 2000 And Then Cut And Paste From Word 2000 To Ms Works Word Processor. I Know That Every Thing Was Working And Now It Dosent. Im Hearing Some Bad Things About The Server Pack 2. Any One Having A Problym.
James Taylor.

I've been using SP2 for some time, and it isn't a problem. Are you able to paste in to Notepad?

Back