Correction removes formatting between paragraphs....

Regie

I am getting version 6 and I wonder if it will help me with the following problem or is there something someone here may advise me upon:

Often when I format something in MS Word paragraph-wise and tell it that I want single spacing between paragraphs and then go back later into that module and make a single correction that it suddenly jams all the paragraphs together with no spacing between them. Sometimes I then go back into the coding and add <p> between the paragraphs and it still defies me. :)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Regie

As in your other post my first question is where you are pasting from. SwordSearcher uses HTML code for text formatting, and how this code looks depends a lot on the original source. Windows will convert other formats to HTML when you paste it in the editor, but sometimes the code isn't always optimal.

It might be advisable to try an intermediary HTML editor that has "tidy" capabilities for fixing up HTML from other sources. Or maybe try TidyGUI which can "fix up" bad HTML: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/ablavier/TidyGUI/

I tried downloading the Tidy thing but I keep getting that the file is corrupt or something like that. However, I think what you have suggested is the best thing and will require my brain to work less than fooling with the HTML stuff. I've tried removing the formatting working around the italics and bold especially if what I copy and paste contains tables or wierd stuff.

I think I would save time to just remove the formatting and use only SS formatting.

Thanks much.

Back