David Cloud's material

RevTim

Beta Tester
Brandon, David Cloud sells his "Way of Life Encyclopedia of the Bible & Christianity" and his Bible difficulties handbook for SS, but it appears for v.4 (they will sell you v.4.5 if you need it, since this material will only work with SS deluxe, though you can buy it in a separate stand-alone cd version).

Question -- I recently deleted v.4.

I recently discovered some new mods which were created for 4, and so I d/l'd them and placed them in a temp file, then imported them via SS-5.

Now, if Cloud's material comes on a cd with an automatic install feature, will it try to install into an SS-4 folder, and not finding one, will it create one, at which time I can simply import the material?

Or would I simply copy the material from the cd into a temp file and then import?

Or...?

I'm seriously considering buying this and / or his other stand-alone products, so I am curious. Thanks.

I have the software but cannot use it since it cannot be imported as a user module. I am kinda stumped here as to what I can do.

Bob Ross
Pueblo, CO

Since Cloud's modules are not "user" modules, they can't be imported by SS 5.

The resolution is to obtain an updated install disc from Way of Life Literature. Their latest disc will install modules for either SS 4 or SS 5. You have to get the updated disc from Way of Life Literature, then you will be good to go.

(I do not know what their upgrade policy is; you'll have to ask them.)

Since Cloud's modules are not "user" modules, they can't be imported by SS 5.

The resolution is to obtain an updated install disc from Way of Life Literature. Their latest disc will install modules for either SS 4 or SS 5. You have to get the updated disc from Way of Life Literature, then you will be good to go.

(I do not know what their upgrade policy is; you'll have to ask them.)

Well, that's good to know, but it would be nice if they would advertise that fact... I didn't notice that at all.

Blessings!!

I have the 4.8 version of SwordSearcher and the Way of Life Encyclopedia and Things Hard To Be Understood CD module (I purchased the CD for $30 about 3 years ago). I received an email from FBIS yesterday offering the SwordSearcher 5.0 and the WOLE/THTBU CD for $65. Apparently my older version of WOLE/THTBU will not work with the newer version of SS 5.0. I would be able to purchase an upgrade of WOLE/THTBU for half price, but they need a record of my original purchase--which I cannot find now.

Perhaps, somewhere down the road, would it be possible to integrate the WOLE/THTBU into the SwordSearcher?

What is a "user" module?

Well, that's good to know, but it would be nice if they would advertise that fact... I didn't notice that at all.

This is from my email from FBIS about the SwordSearcher and the new module of WOLE/THTBU:

PRICES

CD-ROM containing the complete Swordsearcher version 5.0 -- $45

CD-ROM containing the Way of Life Encyclopedia and Things Hard to Be
Understood in Swordsearcher format for Swordsearcher version 5.0 --
$30 (installations for all three versions are on the same CD)

Both CD-ROMs purchased together -- $65

To UPGRADE the Way of Life modules from 4.3 to 5.0 we offer a
discount of 50% as long as we have a record of your purchase.

(Please note that the Way of Life modules require Swordsearcher
version 4.2 and above. The Way of Life books require a CD-ROM
installation of Swordsearcher; they will not work with the free
download from the Swordsearcher web site.)

PM me with your email addy and I will forward that email to you, PastorTim

Perhaps, somewhere down the road, would it be possible to integrate the WOLE/THTBU into the SwordSearcher?

Way of Life Literature wants to be able to sell it as an add-on to support their ministry -- which I think is fine. It's important to remember that SwordSearcher is not a product of Way of Life (or the other way around). They are selling an add-on.

What is a "user" module?

A module that has been created by a user in SwordSearcher (see the User menu, and the section of the help file on creating editable content).

Thanks,

Linda

Please pardon me if I am stating the obvious, but you did not mention it in your post.

Have you contacted Bro. Cloud's ministry to see if they have any record of your purchase and can supply you with the upgrade?

God bless
Bro. Mike

Linda

Please pardon me if I am stating the obvious, but you did not mention it in your post.

Have you contacted Bro. Cloud's ministry to see if they have any record of your purchase and can supply you with the upgrade?

God bless
Bro. Mike

We will be calling them in the morning to check on that. If they can't find the record of my original purchase, we will just purchase the SS 5.0 and the WOLE/THTBU CD module add on for the SS 5.0

BTW--SwordSearcher is absolutely the BEST Bible software I have used and the WOLE/THTBU module is an incredibly valuable Bible study tool.

Thanks Brandon for the explanation.

I hope they can find you info.

I would agress with you on the SS comment. Not to mention the great support.

Brandon is a blessing.

God bless
Bro. Mike

Re: David Cloud's material -- Brandon?

This is from my email from FBIS about the SwordSearcher and the new module of WOLE/THTBU:

PM me with your email addy and I will forward that email to you, PastorTim

Thanks for the offer, but I can access Bro. Cloud's site for the info. Just waiting till I can afford it.

BRANDON, wouldn't it be possible to import the mods into 5?

BRANDON, wouldn't it be possible to import the mods into 5?

No, because they are not user modules. How WOLE handles upgrades is up to them -- for what it's worth, I think they're handling it fairly.

No, because they are not user modules. How WOLE handles upgrades is up to them -- for what it's worth, I think they're handling it fairly.

Well, I suppose if they have formatted it for v.5, it's a mute point (in some respects).

This was in my "In Box" from there mailing list yesterday.
NEW EDITION WAY OF LIFE ENCYCLOPEDIA FOR SWORDSEARCHER

Updated November 12, 2008 (first published October 8, 2008) (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org; for instructions about subscribing and unsubscribing or changing addresses, see the information paragraph at the end of the article) -

We are pleased to announce that a new edition of the Way of Life Encyclopedia of the Bible & Christianity is now available for Swordsearcher versions 4.2 through 5.3. (The Way of Life books require a CD-ROM installation of Swordsearcher; they will not work with the free download from the Swordsearcher web site.)

The September 2008 edition is a major improvement of this Bible Encyclopedia. All broken links have been repaired, major articles thoroughly revised, and new articles added.

It is available for half price ($15) to any one that has purchased a previous edition.

DESCRIPTION OF SWORDSEARCHER

This is our favorite electronic Bible study software package. SwordSearcher has a host of features and resources for improving your Bible study, featuring numerous resources, including excellent commentaries, dictionaries, maps, illustrations, and topical guides. Supports user-created content. Pop-up verse references allow instant examination of cross-references in resource material. Pop-up Strong?s definitions immediately show Strong?s definitions over King James Bible Strong?s links. The Topic Guide allows quick indexing of all dictionaries, topic guides, etc, on a particular topic or verse. The ?Deep Referencing? tool links all relevant material to verses, alleviating the need to guess at relevant dictionary or topical entries. Over 1 million cross-references combined. Version 5.3 has 14 Bible texts; 8 dictionaries and encyclopedias (including WAY OF LIFE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THE BIBLE & CHRISTIANITY, THINGS HARD TO BE UNDERSTOOD: A HANDBOOK OF BIBLICAL DIFFICULTIES, the complete 1828 WEBSTER?S DICTIONARY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, the complete multi-volume INTERNATIONAL STANDARD BIBLE ENCYCLOPEDIA, Smith?s Bible Dictionary, American Tract Society Bible Dictionary, Easton?s Bible Dictionary, Hitchcock Bible Dictionary, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge); 17 commentaries (including Matthew Henry unabridged, Barnes--both Old and New Testament, Jamieson-Fausset-Brown, Abbott, Burkitt, Adam Clarke, Keil and Delitzsch, John Lightfoot?s Commentary on the Gospels, John Gill?s Exposition of the Bible, Gaebelein?s Annotated Bible, Macintosh?s Notes on the Pentateuch, and Larkin?s commentaries on Daniel and Revelation); 3 ancient pre-KJV English versions (WYCLIFFE, TYNDALE, AND THE BISHOPS); the ORIGINAL 1611 KJV; 2 Greek New Testaments (the Received Text and the Westcott and Hort); 4 foreign language versions (Spanish, German, French, Dutch); 4 topical Bible guides (Thompson Chain Reference, Nave?s Topical Bible, Torrey?s New Topical Textbook, Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia); other books; and over 360 maps, charts, and illustrations.

Key Features

-- "Deep Referencing" links verses to every resource available. Not only are commentaries tied to verses, but now other books are too - topical references, dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc., are all accessible directly from the verses they reference. No more searching for topics or dictionary headings that might be relevant to the passage you are reading - SwordSearcher puts it all a click away.

-- The Topic Guide is the fastest way to see what every resource has to say about a particular topic or verse. Want to study Aaron? Tell the Topic Guide, and it will show you entries in every resource available. Want to know everything said about John 3:16? Just type the verse reference into the Topic Guide, or right-click the verse in your Bible display - and it will show you every reference from every resource that mentions it.
-- Scan Text for Verse References Tool (new for version 5.3): allows you to paste in text from any source, such as a web page, and have all the verse references automatically linked for easy referencing.

-- Instantaneous Bible Searches immediately show you every verse resulting from your search parameters. Full context reading on any verse is just one click away. Search the KJV for Strong's numbers/links too.

-- Pop-up verse text means you are not forced to move your Bible reader to a new verse just to read a cross-reference. Just hold your mouse over a reference to a verse, and it is displayed immediately. Move your mouse away, and it's gone. Click on the reference to read the entire context.

-- Pop-up Strong's definitions - just hold your mouse over a Strong's Lexicon link in the KJV with Strong's Links to see the definition. Click for further examination.

-- Extremely efficient clipboard functions. Don't bother marking verse text with your mouse to copy it to the clipboard. Just right-click for your choice of automated verse copying methods for that verse or from that verse to another. Customize how the verses are formatted. You can still mark text with your mouse if you want to, and you can manually enter a verse or list of verses to copy.

-- Simple Interface. It's amazing that a simple interface is the best way to access a myriad of functions, and SwordSearcher is built on this design philosophy. You won't get lost in a deluge of opening windows here.

-- Create your own material. It's easy to jot down your own notes in SwordSearcher. Record your thoughts commentary-style or by topic - or both.

DESCRIPTION OF THE WAY OF LIFE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THE BIBLE & CHRISTIANITY

The Encyclopedia contains over 6,000 entries and over 7,000 cross-references. Twenty-five years of research have gone into this one-of-a-kind reference tool. It is the only Bible dictionary/ encyclopedia that is written by a fundamental Baptist and based strictly upon the King James Bible. It is a complete dictionary of biblical terminology and also features many other areas of research not often covered in Bible reference volumes. Subjects include Bible versions, Denominations, Cults, Christian Movements, Typology, the Church, Social Issues and Practical Christian Living (e.g., sodomy, modesty), Bible Prophecy, and Old English Terminology. The Christian will be helped and fortified in his faith through this Bible Encyclopedia. This work does not correct the Authorized Version of the Bible nor does it undermine the fundamental Baptist's doctrines and practices as many study tools do. Many preachers have told us that apart from Strong?s Concordance, the Way of Life Bible Encyclopedia is their favorite study tool. A missionary told us that if he could save only one study book out of his library, it would be our Encyclopedia. An evangelist in South Dakota wrote: ?If I were going to the mission field and could carry only three books, they would be the Strong?s concordance, a hymnal, and the Way of Life Bible Encyclopedia.? Missionary author Jack Moorman says: ?The encyclopedia is excellent. The entries show a ?distilled spirituality.??

DESCRIPTION OF ?THINGS HARD TO BE UNDERSTOOD?

This volume deals with a variety of biblical difficulties. Find the answer to the seeming contradictions in the Bible. Meet the challenge of false teachers who misuse biblical passages to prove their doctrine. Find out the meaning of difficult passages. Be confirmed in your confidence in the inerrancy and perfection of the Scriptures. Learn the meaning of difficult expressions such as "the unpardonable sin." It contains no criticism of the English Authorized Version. One of the things which sets this volume apart from others written on this topic is its practical nature and the fact that it is written from a fundamentalist, Bible-believing Baptist viewpoint. We desire to help protect God's people from the false teachers who abound in these last days. They raise nagging questions and doubts by misusing passages of Scripture to ?prove? their specious doctrines. Examples of passages considered in this context are verses misused by Seventh-day Adventists to support their doctrines of soul sleep and annihilation, verses misused by the Roman Catholic Church to support its doctrines of Mary and the Papacy and purgatory, verses used by ecumenists to justify their unscriptural goals, verses used to support infant baptism and baptismal regeneration, and verses misused by those who deny the doctrine of eternal security. Jerry Huffman, editor of Calvary Contender, testified: ?You don?t have to agree with everything to greatly benefit from this helpful book.? 3rd edition, September 2001. 329 pages

TESTIMONIAL

?I received my CDs for Swordsearcher and the Way of Life Encyclopedia and Things Hard to be Understood. What a blessing! While I have a 2nd edition of the Encyclopedia in hardback as well as a paperback version of Things Hard to Be Understood, to have these so easily accessible through Swordsearcher makes cross referencing that much easier. Since I am in the military, I am often on the road yet still responsible not only for my own study of God?s Word but for preparation of Sunday School lessons. These two CDs have as much material as a small bookcase of information and enable me to travel lighter. As my children get ready to head off to college starting next year, I plan on getting each of them their own set of CDs. I can think of no better reference material to provide them. God bless you for your hard work.?

PRICES

CD-ROM containing the complete Swordsearcher version 5.0 -- $45

CD-ROM containing the Way of Life Encyclopedia and Things Hard to Be Understood in Swordsearcher format for Swordsearcher version 5.0 -- $30 (installations for all three versions are on the same CD)

Both CD-ROMs purchased together -- $65

To UPGRADE the Way of Life modules from the new August 2008 edition we offer a discount of 50% if we have a record of your purchase.

(Please note that the Way of Life modules require Swordsearcher version 4.2 and above. The Way of Life books require a CD-ROM installation of Swordsearcher; they will not work with the free download from the Swordsearcher web site.)

CANADA ORDERS - please add GST

POSTAGE AND HANDING
USA $4 for one CD and $6 for two CDs
CANADA/FOREIGN--To be calculated at the time of sale

Payment must accompany order. We cannot ship on invoice unless you have an established account with us.

PAYMENT: Payment can be made by check from the U.S. or Canada and mailed to Way of Life at either the Stateside or the Canada address. Make the checks payable to Way of Life Literature. Payment can also be made with credit card by phone, fax, or e-mail. When making payment by e-mail, send the credit card information in two separate e-mails. Most of the materials can be ordered online at http://www.wayoflife.org/catalog/catalog.htm, though we are not always able to add the latest titles in a timely fashion due to the fact that our webmaster in Singapore is a full-time pastor and is very busy. PAYPAL payments can be made to https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=dcloud@wayoflife.org

PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US: We are a small church-based ministry. We do our very best to get the orders out quickly and efficiently, but we cannot provide the instant service that large commercial publishers offer. We, therefore, thank you beforehand for your patience and Christian grace. (If you need an order to be shipped by express post, we can usually provide this service at extra cost.)

Way of Life Literature
P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061-0368
866-295-4143 (toll free), fbns@wayoflife.org (e-mail)
http://www.wayoflife.org (web site)
Canada: Bethel Baptist Church, 4212 Campbell St. N., London, Ont. N6P 1A6

Just for clarification: their update module will also work on version 5.4, not just through 5.3.

Hi Brandon & SS fam.

I am considering Bro. Cloud's SS mods. However, will they work with SS6?

Thank you,
David :)

Yes. There's no problem using his modules on SwordSearcher 6.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you... I am finding that Bro. Cloud's work a helpful addition to my SS6... Has there been any discussions with Bro. Cloud about offering a SS edition of the Fundamental Baptist CD Library??? I know he has been using Adobe as his engine... I think it would be wonderful to have FBL as SS suite option...

Grace & Peace,
Dave

Hi Brandon,

Thank you... I am finding that Bro. Cloud's work a helpful addition to my SS6... Has there been any discussions with Bro. Cloud about offering a SS edition of the Fundamental Baptist CD Library??? I know he has been using Adobe as his engine... I think it would be wonderful to have FBL as SS suite option...

Grace & Peace,
Dave

I don't think so. There would be a lot of work in doing that -- you'd need to ask them about it.

Back