Dual Monitors

djc45

Hi,
I`ve just bought SwordSearcher having used other Bible stdy software previously.
Can I use dual monitors with Swordsearcher? Is there for me to move, for example, the commentary window over on to my second monitor.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Thanks
Duncan

Yes, you can do that.

Custom layouts are disabled by default. You can enable it on the View menu (Enable custom layouts). Once you've done that, you can click-hold-drag the caption bars of the panels and move them anywhere. This includes rearranging them in the SwordSearcher main window, or dragging them off on to other monitors.

The Panel Layout section of the manual is a good place to start. It's in the program on the Help menu, and online here: http://www.swordsearcher.com/help-v5/layout.html

Also see the details on customization of the layout here: http://www.swordsearcher.com/help-v5/advanced_customizing_the_layou.html --note that you can save your layout once you get it just the way you like it.

Question: I'm using dual monitors and I have cloned the bible panel and moved it over to the second monitor. Is there any way I can make the clone panel copy the actions of the main bible panel? In other words, if I click on the speaker icon in the main bible panel, I would like for the the clone bible panel to highlight and scroll the text along with the main bible panel so that I can turn my second monitor toward the study group.

Good news for mac users, Parallels 9 allows for the use of duel monitors although the upgrade price is about half the original price for Parallels. If you upgrade your mac to Maverics OS you must upgrade to Parallels 9, any version of older than Parallels 8 will not work with Mavericks. I know Parallels is expensive, but SS works flawlessly in Parallels and like said, with version 9, you can use duel monitors.

Question: I'm using dual monitors and I have cloned the bible panel and moved it over to the second monitor. Is there any way I can make the clone panel copy the actions of the main bible panel? In other words, if I click on the speaker icon in the main bible panel, I would like for the the clone bible panel to highlight and scroll the text along with the main bible panel so that I can turn my second monitor toward the study group.

No, a clone panel is designed to be completely separate from the other parts of the program, so that isn't possible, sorry.

Isn't it great to work with TWO monitors???
I just started this, this year....couldn't go without it now.
You can spread all your cloned panels, search panel, keeping a small Ethernet window on" AV1611". Just A M A Z I N G !
MAN ! do I love my Swordsearcher.... and now 7.1...
Can this get any better ? ? ? :D:D:D.......:rolleyes:mmm.....I don't think so!

i have 2 computer setups on my desk

one is dedicated to SS with dual monitor setup- it is the bomb without a doubt, sure makes life easier

plz do not suppose i am boasting, but rather just trying to visually support this thread with the dual monitor, etc. setup

a lot of newer computers today provide dual monitor support, even if there are not dual plugs-- just buy a pigtail with 2 adapters if need be

my setup is not hi-tech in the least bit, probably ghetto to most folk- but i'm not a ga-zillionare and itt suits me fine:D

i'm using an older dell 19" i had on the shelf as a second monitor-- so it is not that expensive to do:)

l-r: 24", 19", 22"

it would be nice if we were able to pass the clone panel to the other display, but in the mean time not that big of a deal to pull the 1 over and re-size to fit window

.........and yes i enjoy the contrast background colors-- helps me to focus on each panel better:cool:

Could you put the main Bible panel on the monitor you want the study group to see and have the cloned panel towards yourself? If you are playing the audio, you could put your cursor on the pause button on the audio control and just click your mouse to start or stop the audio... What a great way to do a Bible study!

No Sir you are not boasting, ... (Mr. Terrpn). This is very nice to see our community's work/study place. I love your setup !!
Me too I have my main laptop 17" (bomb) with a second monitor 24" and of course, me old Tosh laptop 17" as a back up pc, that runs, AV1611 website, SS forums, Main feed NEWS.
Swordsearcher 7.1 is on me 24" monitor, and all working panels are on me (bomb) laptop for all the research, text copying, data back ups....etc.
it is really nice to see all your work/study places. I have seen Mr. Staggs' for the first time this week!!! this is awesome....
Like Mr. Staggs demonstrated last week in the AV1611 video, I DO NOT WORSHIP THE BIBLE, BUT THE CONTENT, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD.
Ya'all be blessed now, by THE HOLY SPIRIT, IN JESUS' NAME.
SS panoramic.jpg

Sorry.... not the best panoramic pic of the year......lollll

thanks for the kind words and great setup bro!!

i checked out brandon's setup as well and he's got it kickin pretty good!

i love that mic he has........very nice!

however the most important item that shows evident.........is how everybody has their sword sitting front and center:cool:

Back