Edit commentary

Johnny NL

ok... I have two editable commentaries that I made, I had to re-download them, and they are in: prog file/documents/swordsearcher/module. and I can't edit them. I'm sure it is something that I do wrong, but what ??
please.....help !!
thanks a lot.

Please right-click the tab for the module and select the module information item from the menu. The info window should shed some light on why they can't be edited. Please let me know what it says.

If they are under Program Files, that's the wrong place. Try putting them in the SwordSearcher folder that's behind your username Documents, not the one that's in the Program Files. :)

• The file attributes may include the read-only flag. This may occur if you have copied the module file from a CD-ROM to the local hard drive. In Explorer, change the file properties so that the file is no longer marked read-only.
  • Another process may have been reading or otherwise locked the file when SwordSearcher started.
  • Your user account may not have permission to modify the file or the file may be in a folder in which you do not have write permissions.
  • The user module may be incorrectly placed under the Program Files folder. Module files in this location can not be modified.

this is what it says....

I think I gonna have to re-download again everything.....

Where exactly is the file? It should say. Is the file marked read-only in Explorer?

I have window 8.1
C:\Users\johnl\Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules

I did un-checked "read-only"

will be back later.....going to work now....thanks...
still doesn't work...:(:confused:

I have window 8.1
C:\Users\johnl\Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules

I did un-checked "read-only"

Go to Help, Module Error Log. Please copy that whole thing and email it to me directly to bstaggs@swordsearcher.com

Probably a permissions issue. If you had to un-check "read only" in explorer, then something is locking the files on you somewhere.

Got your details, thanks.

The problem is that you have two copies of the module files in question -- one copy under program files, and another copy in the documents\SwordSearcher User Modules folder. Since SwordSearcher opens the modules in the program files folder first, it can't open duplicate ones in your editable folder. You just need to remove the copies that are under program files.

Sir, .....there is a HUGE reason why THE LORD made you.....
I pray The Lord that you may measure the extended kindness towards people like me.(not too easy going with pc)
It works !........ A1
Praise God again....and thanks, thanks a lot Sir.
God blessed you and your family.:D:):D:)

Back