Explanation from Rick Brown

DrRickBrown

Brother Staggs and All Forum Members,

I would like it to be known that I have made numerous suggestions in the Future section of this forum and that there have been a few Forum members that have been upset over these suggestions. However, the suggestions I have made are only suggestions for future versions of SwordSearcher, nothing more. They should not be misinterpreted as malicious posts meant to degrade the current version of SwordSearcher or its creator Brandon Staggs.

Personally and Professionally I consider SwordSearcher to be an execellent Bible Study software program and far beyond e-Sword or any other Bible study program in both vision and scope. SwordSearcher is my choice for Bible Study and also the software I heartily recommend to all my family, friends, students, and fellow classmates.

However, there is always room for improvement and a User Forum such as this is an execellent way for Brother Staggs to garner invaluable user input. No one person can think of every thing, not even Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.

Therefore, please understand that any suggestions or comments that I make on this forum are offered, in the spirit of Christian love, to help increase the product quality and marketability of the SwordSearcher software.

Christian Regards,

Rick Brown
drbrown@teleiosinstitute.com

I have always found Brandon open to new ideas, even if he didn't always pursue them -- and when that's the case, he will give you a simple and direct reason why.

So I wouldn't sweat it too much my brother, but it's a blessing to read your response.

Now I'm wondering what have I been missing with respect to YOUR posts... hmmmm..... ;)

Brother Staggs and All Forum Members,

I would like it to be known that I have made numerous suggestions in the Future section of this forum and that there have been a few Forum members that have been upset over these suggestions. However, the suggestions I have made are only suggestions for future versions of SwordSearcher, nothing more. They should not be misinterpreted as malicious posts meant to degrade the current version of SwordSearcher or its creator Brandon Staggs.

Personally and Professionally I consider SwordSearcher to be an execellent Bible Study software program and far beyond e-Sword or any other Bible study program in both vision and scope. SwordSearcher is my choice for Bible Study and also the software I heartily recommend to all my family, friends, students, and fellow classmates.

However, there is always room for improvement and a User Forum such as this is an execellent way for Brother Staggs to garner invaluable user input. No one person can think of every thing, not even Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.

Therefore, please understand that any suggestions or comments that I make on this forum are offered, in the spirit of Christian love, to help increase the product quality and marketability of the SwordSearcher software.

Christian Regards,

Rick Brown
drbrown@teleiosinstitute.com

I did a quick read over, and honestly can't see anything that's so controversial that anyone should be upset, my brother.

Grace and peace to you, my brother. May God add His blessings on your service tomorrow.

I have always found Brandon open to new ideas, even if he didn't always pursue them -- and when that's the case, he will give you a simple and direct reason why.

So I wouldn't sweat it too much my brother, but it's a blessing to read your response.

Now I'm wondering what have I been missing with respect to YOUR posts... hmmmm..... ;)

I would like it to be known that I have made numerous suggestions in the Future section of this forum and that there have been a few Forum members that have been upset over these suggestions.

Rick,

Thank you for your explanation and your affirmation that your suggestions are made in Christian love. I have no doubt that is your intent. I wonder if you would allow me to potentially overstep my bounds and explain why you have felt that some were upset. No one is upset over the fact that you have made suggestions. Heck, we do it ALL THE TIME! :) It is how those suggestions have been made, and particularly, how you have replied to those who have humbly tried to respond to some of your suggestions. You may not realize it, but some of your responses have been a bit curt, and with an air of haughtiness to them. I'm sure this is not your intention, but they come across that way, nonetheless. This is hurtful to those who are trying their best to help you out.

I'm sure much of it is just typical miscommunication, and that a forum is a very imperfect form of discussion. Everyone here is very gracious and patient, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we will continue to be so, and trust you will be as well.

God bless.

Back