Module icon

User-submitted Favorites 1.0
User editable list of favorite verses by book of the Bible

No permission to download

wsbones

Beta Tester
wsbones submitted a new resource:

Favorites - User editable list of favorite verses by book of the Bible

Favorite verses by book of the Bible with one or two from most every chapter. It's user-editable so you can change it. It comes preloaded with my current set of favorites.

Some things I like about this module:
  1. The word, FAV, shows up in the margin links of the Scripture on each of your favorite verses.
  2. You can find a good verse in some of the sticky pages of the Bible like 2 Chronicles or Obadiah before you read.
  3. You can change it to make it your own.
  4. The graphical...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks Bill... this will be useful :)

Ruthlyn

I love this device, really nice.
I can edit it in the "book" panel, but cannot see the word "FAV" in my Bible margin...
What can I do to fix this? I would love to see it.
thanks

I love this device, really nice.
I can edit it in the "book" panel, but cannot see the word "FAV" in my Bible margin...
What can I do to fix this? I would love to see it.
thanks

It will only appear in your Bible margin if you have a reference to that particular verse in the book. If you want something that appears on every verse so that you can just click to edit, you would use a commentary instead of a book.

BTW, last night I went through A L L the modules from beginning, all books, all commentaries, all Bibles and update my SS with a FULL back up.
The new laptop crashed again last week, so now fully ready for next crash ! (lollll).
My SS is TOP SHAPE now..... A1.
Thanks for all the support, this the best of the best.
THANKS

SS People.... Please, back up, back up, back up, ... everything, notes, modules, You will save a LOT of tissues.....
Everything soft and sweet, all is well in the land.... THEN .... POOOOF !!!!
All gone into the no men's land of the darkness of the dark world of the computers !!!
Praise God for back ups......back ups are your friends, you will love them !
Hope Ya'all enjoy your SS study, have a good time in the Presence of the LORD.
This interlude was brought to you by: save a tissue, save a tree, back up !

yea............i had to learn that the hard way and now back everything up on ss.

I've lost so much stuff. I've lost or damaged my backup drives as well too, so a single backup isn't the safest either. If you don't keep your backups in triplicate with an off site backup as well -up to date- each time... your old backup is; -old. I tend to forget to do it, then I tend to forget which drive it was on. So now I put the Sword Searcher 7 (Thanks for this option available Brandon!) User folder on a cloud drive for the NSA to see, maybe they can help me keep my stuff? LOL ;) Actually Microsoft OneDrive (free) has an app for Windows 7 too now, and with ample space to store your SS User Folder, it is backed up automatically to the cloud. Another automatic cloud service that is friendly free and open (Snowden disapproves of in other words) is Dropbox. A cloud service that promotes itself as much more secure is SpiderOak, with free storage.
Here is a PBS video with a disclaimer about security. This is part 2, you can search for part 1 (scary) if you want. http://video.pbs.org/video/2365251169/

I use 2 external hard drive.... 2T
you must go against Murphy's Law....lolllll
I am not a big fan of I cloud online back up system.... Our Gov knows enough already..lollll
Keep on SS bros.

I use 2 external hard drive.... 2T
you must go against Murphy's Law....lolllll
I am not a big fan of I cloud online back up system.... Our Gov knows enough already..lollll
Keep on SS bros.

It's unreasonably freaky the amount of hardware failure I've had, It has to do with the electrical body chemistry I have I think.

If you watch that video I posted a link to, "they" have access to a lot more than you think, not just the cloud. On accident a few weeks ago, I was researching all the connections my windows 8 computer was making to the outside world, and discovered it was connecting to places I didn't even know-- I typed "netstat -a" in the command line and later searched the ip address of those computers I was unknowingly connected to, and found connections to gov and other computers -in the background (more than my windows 7 machine - and my Linux machine had 0 unknown ip connections-). Not only that, but even using MS Word on your local machine can send your data to MS for "evaluation". Use Bing desktop? Read the EULA! Your machine is scanned. If you use a computer connected to the internet, you are sending data to them- !content! not just meta data. If you use a phone, you are sending content data to them. Google Yahoo Microsoft Facebook Youtube Twitter... all of them and more send your data under cooperation with the Prism program. That video in the link above is a well made documentary and even it only scratches the surface, but it will give you an idea of how big this data mining really is. Part 1 will show you how illegal it is, and who approved it. If you try to secure your privacy, you become "suspicious" so... Rev 13:4?

i'm so bad that i now have a computer alongside my regular desktop (yes i have 2 on my desk) dedicated just for ss, doing bible studies, etc.

i have a programmable number pad where i have assigned macros so all i have to do is hit 1 key for copy paste, opening ss, etc.

gaming mice are nice as well as you can program macros in them, so yes i have that as well. it also works great with photoshop when you need to lower your dpi on the fly.

..........and the most important-- i never get online with it eithero_O

i have a hard drive and a large usb flash drive that i back ss, my bible files up with as well on top or in addition to my desktops.

never be to careful........

i guess this would classify me as a guber geek:cool:

While developing SwordSearcher 2.0 about 20 years ago, I lost a bunch of work due to data loss. It could have been worse. I was already backing up to floppy disks (!!!) periodically. To say that I am obsessed with backups is an understatement. I have never forgotten that experience. I have four backups in place at all times. One of them is an external hard drive that syncs every night (1) and is rotated out of our safe deposit box periodically (2). My most critical files are backed up throughout the day with cloud backup with Mozy (3). Finally, all of our PCs are backed up every night to a Windows Server in the house primarily set up for that purpose (these support bare-metal restores and have been used a couple of times -- once with my son's PC had a hardware failure and most recently with my wife's when her hard drive failed).

I use Acronis 2014 to back up a disk image every week to an external hard drive. I also clone my main HD to an installed spare every week. I keep several monthly backup versions just in case.

More than once in the past I had to install everything from the Windows distribution disks and get all the updates to the current version of the system. Then reinstall all the application software. That was too painful.

It's also a good idea to make sure you can actually restore a backup.

Wow!

While developing SwordSearcher 2.0 about 20 years ago, I lost a bunch of work due to data loss. It could have been worse. I was already backing up to floppy disks (!!!) periodically. To say that I am obsessed with backups is an understatement. I have never forgotten that experience. I have four backups in place at all times. One of them is an external hard drive that syncs every night (1) and is rotated out of our safe deposit box periodically (2). My most critical files are backed up throughout the day with cloud backup with Mozy (3). Finally, all of our PCs are backed up every night to a Windows Server in the house primarily set up for that purpose (these support bare-metal restores and have been used a couple of times -- once with my son's PC had a hardware failure and most recently with my wife's when her hard drive failed).
AMEN to that....one is ain't enough!

I had the real pleasure of using Acronis (not sure of the year) when my nephew sorted out a failed hard drive for me! He made an image of my failing drive and copied unto a new solid state hard drive that works beautifully with the Win Pro 8.1, it was awesome!

I like these comments. It will help those who do not backup.
I use a system that each time I open SS it is backed up automatically!
User modules etc. Just like MS Word can auto backup docs; this system does same thing. When I plug my USB in same happens. I have a main drive, second drive, and then a Network drive. So in reality it is 4 backups. Ya I know "Redundant" "Geeky " and all that stuff. But when I see all my data plus my SS Modules backed up each and every time I do "anything" on my PC I love it! So when I am in SS it literally starts backing up every keystroke, edits, on the Entire program for me. Thanks for letting me type inhere... In Christ

Back