Feature: keyboard shortcuts for Search Method

Eric

Beta Tester
I would find it useful to be able to use keyboard shortcuts to navigate between the four options for Search Method. I frequently switch between the first one (Find verses with ALL of the words specified) and the third one (Find verses with the exact PHRASE specified). If one letter were underlined and there were some keyboard combination (Ctrl-At or Ctrl-Shift or something + that letter to switch between these, it would speed up my searches.

Search box in SwordSearcher.jpg

This should work:

F2, and then Alt+P for proximity search.
F2, and then Alt+S for Character String search,
F2, and then Alt+R for Regex search.
Alt+L will switch back to the Normal Search tab.

The Alt+P, S, R, and L are active shortcuts when the Bible Search dialog is open, which itself is opened with F2 on the keyboard.

Those keys are underlined in your screen shot. Do they not work on your Windows XP installation?

Sorry, Gentlemen! I think I've either confused both of you or I'm confused myself. :)

The Alt-P, S, R and L shortcuts do work for me on XP just fine. However, the shortcuts I was looking for are not for the four tabs (that do indeed have the letters underlined), but for the four options with bubble-like selection dots, i.e., "Find verses with ALL of the words specified". I don't see any shortcut to them.

I do use F2 to get to the Search dialog box.

Bill, I tried your Alt-sbs and Alt-sbl. The first one (F2 + Alt-SBL) took me to the Character String Search and then to the Books of the Bible list and then to Leviticus. So I think I've missed something here. Thanks, everyone, for your patience.

... the four options with bubble-like selection dots, i.e., "Find verses with ALL of the words specified". I don't see any shortcut to them.

Aha, understood. I'll add this to the request list. (Re-reading your post and it is clear to me what you are asking, I must have answered before my first cup of coffee or something!)

i don't have enough fingers for the f2+alt+p, etc....thank the Lord for a mouse:confused:

Back