feeling a bit crushed

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Mobi, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Mobi

Mobi Active Member

Hello praying saints!
    We home schooled or three children their whole life until college, brining them up in the Lord. The first two were sent to college and became Agnostic or Atheist in a short time, and have distanced us. The third got extra close attention and care and sermons and daily Bible reading and prayer. We thought she was going to serve the Lord for sure, we advised against college for fear of what happened to the other two, and she has advanced in her work to being the manager of the place and so on. We had noticed something was wrong she stopped telling me she loved me and so forth, and last Saturday, she blew up in anger and hatred and moved out (leaving things behind like a teddy bear I gave her when she was sick and other thing like that). Turning her back on the Lord to pursue a relationship she knows is not right. And She took "her" dog that had been so helpful in helping heal my health conditions and spent every day all day with me. We (the dog and I) had a very strong bond and a certain type of reliance on each other. He is a one of a kind dog, and an enormous blessing from the Lord. She took him to the pound.

Our financial situation is already stressed and we barely have food at the end of the paycheck my wife brings home, I don't have work and haven't for many years. We relied on our daughters input to make ends meet and she took care of all the dog's expenses and part of our power and rent. The Lord used the dog in my current healing and I might actually be able to go back to work soon. In much prayer and tears and lost sleep in agony over these things, we were not given the go ahead (from the Lord) to rescue the dog from the shelter, and he was adopted today.

We are feeling crushed and broken from losing two great loves, and if the Lord puts anything in mind for us, we would greatly appreciate your prayers on our behalf.
    God Bless You!

2. Ruthlyn

Ruthlyn Beta Tester

My heart goes out to you, your wife and children... so do my prayers.

3. marty

marty Beta Tester

I'm sorry to hear this. Count on my prayers.

4. Mobi

Mobi Active Member

5. Gord

Gord Beta Tester

Praying also.

6. Mobi

Mobi Active Member

7. wsbones

wsbones Beta Tester

I am praying too.

8. Kitch

Kitch Member

I feel your pain abut the kids. I had one who wouldn't give me the time of day and the only time he called was to ask for money. When I told him no, as I knew what he wanted it for, I was cussed out.

I had a daughter that had a very rare disease called focal glomerulosclerosis. The kidneys functioned right but the filtration system didn't and it allowed protein to be dumped into the kidneys which would have caused inevitable dialysis(she was but 10 years old when diagnosed) by the time she was 16. I took her to Vanderbilt because I was told by the only child nephrologist here that there was no cure at that time. She put h er on prednisone which caused weight gain. The doctor at Vanderbilt wanted to put her on another drug called Leukeran. He said the one problem with it was it could cause Leukemia. I left crushed and defeated.

Long story short she got better due to other treatments. She was put in braces for her crooked teeth at 13 and despite all that was done for her, when she left home I never heard from her but once and that was back in 1991. Today, she doesn't know if I'm alive or dead.

Sometimes we just have to let things go and let the Lord of Glory handle it as some things are simply out of our hands. May the King of Heaven bring peace to your hearts and give you the knowledge, wisdom,and understanding on these matters and bring joy and peace back into your lives and bless you with the financial problems.

9. Mobi

Mobi Active Member

Thank you Bill and David for your prayers and sharing! We will include you and your family in our prayers too David. I know our battle is not against flesh and blood, and we are in a very real spiritual war.

I got an almost full nights sleep last night for the first time since this started. I really need that to keep my heart condition from blowing up, and we really think it is a result of all of your prayers! We are praying for the grace to accept the things we can't do anything about, and are learning many things as our hearts are being worked on.

We don't watch regular movies or tv... but because my granddaughter has been fed a steady diet of the Disney Movie "Frozen"... I did some research and watched a few trailers and clips. There is a song with a full clip called "Let it Go", and when I watched, it was exactly what my daughter who left was "saying". Ice is the opposite of Fire so to speak and our God is a consuming Fire. There is a lot of satanic/witchcraft stuff in this movie, just from the few clips I previewed. It hit me pretty hard knowing that the devil is busy at work attacking our kids every way he can.

Losing the dog taught me that the time we have with those we love can be snatched away at any second. I got on the phone to my daughter and left a message that I love her and always will, even if she hates me. She called later tonight to say she got the message, and it gives me some hope.

This battle is not over it seems to be just beginning. I was defeated and giving up, but the weight has been helped and I am so thankful to God for His Mercy and Grace! We are ready to step forward in the fight for our kids (with temperance) and are thankful for all of your prayers!

Ruthlyn likes this.
  10. Kitch

Kitch Member

There's so much trash on TV I don't bother to waste my time with it and haven't for a long time. I'll watch the news and weather on one of the local channels and IF a decent movie comes on TCM(Turner Classic Movies) I'll watch that as that channel has no commercials and show old movies from the 30's-60's.

I have no family, just me and my dog, a 10 year old Corgi that is the light of my life and my blessed companion. I know how you must feel about your dog. Since I retired two years ago he's been my constant buddy 24/7 and I spoil him quite a bit. When he turned 10 this past August I got him a T-bone steak for his birthday and he gets boiled chicken breast five out of seven days. I love my little buddy!

College is good, I've been there myself and know of the devil's infiltration into colleges. I had taken a course of Philosophy and I can't begin to tell you how mind blowing that was. I dropped out of it as I couldn't take it anymore, it was that bad. The professor highly lauded such as Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas, Fredrick Nietzsche(German atheist) and so on. Unless you have a strong mind and rooted and grounded in the Lord such teachings can sway you away from your first love and cause you to doubt about everything you've been taught.

My heart's pray to God is that your daughters will come to a full understanding of what they've heard and been taught at school and weigh it against their teachings. Sometimes that takes years. I was fortunate in that I saw through it all early on...by the Grace of God.

11. john.a

john.a Active Member

Mobi, God never promised us an easy road as most of us can agree, it is hard most times to understand why God should let us go done certain road indeed. Sometime it may well be of our own doing. Again it may well be that God has to put us through hard times to bring us closer to Himself. No I am not trying to make light of your situation (God forbid)Mobi but rather encourage you in the Lord, and to hand all your burdens to Him. God Bless you brother.
    Psalms 107:7.
    THE WILL OF GOD
    The will of God will never take you,
    Where the grace of God cannot keep you.
    Where the arms of God cannot support you,
    Where the riches of God cannot supply your needs,
    Where the power of God cannot endow you.

Where the spirit of God cannot work through you,
    Where the wisdom of God cannot teach you,
    Where the army of God cannot protect you,
    Where the hands of God cannot mold you.

Where the love of God cannot enfold you,
    Where the mercies of God cannot sustain you,
    Where the peace of God cannot calm your fears,
    Where the authority of God cannot overrule for you.

Where the comfort of God cannot dry your tears,
    Where the Word of God cannot feed you,
    Where the miracles of God cannot be done for you,
    Where the omnipresence of God cannot find you.

Author: Unknown.

12. Mobi

Mobi Active Member

Sounds like the perfect dog birthday!
    I felt a little spoiled back sometimes with our dog so I think it kind of goes both ways doesn't it :)

I was thinking about one of the lessons the Lord used him for to teach me something. We live in bunny territory and Mac's breed is wired to "track" (I don't hunt but it was training for us), and I let him track often because he is built to need the job. He chases them out of the garden and out from under the car and house, but when I'm not watching he lets some of them slide. He can't see as many of them as I do, so he learned that I could point them out for him, and he trusted my pointing. If we were driving, he would roll down his own windows to see better from the back seat, then stick his nose in my ear to get me to roll down mine so I could watch too.

Mac didn't have good recall, he wouldn't come when called quite often so he couldn't be set free to run the field, we had a fenced (big enough mesh for the bunnies to get in or out, but not dogs) field, and while he knew I would point out bunnies, he forgot to look at me sometimes to see where I was pointing, and missed a lot of bunnies.

I learned this,
    I am wired to track, we live in false doctrine (bunny trails ;)) territory, I actually feel the need to research some of these things, being a "watchdog" for the family. I can't see them all very well, and I need the Lord to point them out, He can see what I can't. He often tries to call me back when I'm tracking, but I get so into doing my job, that I won't listen because after all I am doing my job, and the result is I lose the freedom of tracking in the open field (church of God). There have been many opportunities missed by me to do this work, because I wasn't watching where He was pointing.

So I am earnestly desiring to learn "hear" His voice, and know His voice and be obedient when He calls and keep my eyes on Him, and shut out the counterfeits, and I have a lot of training to ahead.
    Phil 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

13. Mobi

Mobi Active Member

Thank you John for this healing balm!

14. Kitch

Kitch Member

Mobi-That was an excellent analogy. My boy is a ten year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi. I fell in love with the breed some years ago and thought they were about the cutest things I'd seen with their little short legs and loved the way they ran. They look much like a rabbit when running with both hind legs hitting the ground at about the same time.

Bubba, my Corgi, doesn't hear very well or should I say, he has select hearing. He comes when he wants to and other times looks the other way and ignores you. This happened as he got older and not so much several years ago. This is much of the way we respond to God. We listen intently when were in trouble or need but, when things are going well "with your soul" we have a tendency to not listen and then we become subject to the wiles of the devil.

15. Mobi

Mobi Active Member

Thank you David for your continued support! I'm grateful for the lessons the Lord brings us through, I sometimes have to be careful not to over spiritualize everything, but sometimes I can't help but see His hand working in so many places, especially when I see He has been there before I got there. I did get a little side tracked looking up Corgi's - they look like a super great breed! After looking them up now, I notice pictures of them in lots of places that I've seen them but not known their breed. :) There are a lot of funny and cute video's out there starring Corgi's! Hamburger was my secret to cure Mac's (buff colored Cockalier) hearing problems, but when that ran out, so did he. :rolleyes:

We are adjusting little by little, and I have been able to thank and praise God for the directions He is taking us. -All of your prayers have made a difference - Thank you!

16. Kitch

Kitch Member

Mobi-They are a favorite breed of the Queen of England!! She, at one time, had thirty of them! This is one of the cutest videos you'll likely see of a Corgi. They are 100% chow hounds.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sparky's+kibble+dance&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I hope today finds you with an uplifted spirit, knowing that the Lord will not put on us more than we can stand...but, sometimes He works close!! We've all been there.

17. TerriP

TerriP Active Member

To all of us: there are times and there are going to be many more, it looks like, that all you can do is pray, do not lose faith, do not let your enemy get you in to condemnation or oppression or fear or any of that negative junk he just loves to use to keep you down, to keep you away from your God. Sometimes all you can do is STAND.

But talking about prayer... isn't that a weapon more powerful than ANYTHING we can come up with, like chariots and horses, as we read about over and over again in the Word - "trust not in chariots and horses. Just like so many of us, we have unsaved kids and WHY? Well, it's like getting sick, you don't ask why, you just pray, you put it at the Cross of Jesus Christ, and trust Him to take care of all of it, and to take care of you.

Psalms 20:7 - Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

Proverbs 21:31 - The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.

Psalms 147:10-11 - He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man. The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

It's so heartbreaking, I know; I am human and like all of us, boy, have I been there, too. The only thing we CAN do is pray, stay in the Word, abide in Him, that's my ticket out of the messes that either get slapped on me for no good reason, other than I trusted the wrong person, or because of wrong choices I have made and only have myself to blame, or unexpected illness in me or my family, or ungrateful children - this list goes on and on until He comes back and brings His Peace to Jerusalem once and for all. Sometimes all you can do is Stand and call out the shortest pray of all = "Heeeellllllp! Jesus! Heeelllpp!"

Winston Churchill, the Prime Minister of England during World War II, was to give a speech at Harrow School. His audience waited patiently and expectantly for his usual dynamic lecture. He stood up, looked around slowly at one and all for a whole minute. Then he emphatically said, “Never give in. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever give in.” And sat back down.

So don't ever give in, don't ever give up, and stand, dear friends, stand.

18. Truckerboy

Truckerboy Member

Excellent words, TerriP!

Mobi - I can empathise with you - I have two out of three children away from the Lord, and the education system had a lot to do with it, as did peer pressure/night clubbing with one of them. Similarly, the media is controlled by the enemy, and is used massively as a propoganda tool - I don't even take a lot of notice of the news programs, because that too is controlled.

All we can do is pray, remain in the Lord and true to Him, and be consistent and "there for them" when your children turn to you. And pray!

19. Mobi

Mobi Active Member

Very encouraging TerriP thank you!

20. Mobi

Mobi Active Member

Thanks Truckerboy!
    I agree about the secular education system (and controlled media), this was the reason we home-schooled. One of the worst influences on our youngest daughter came from a "Christian" school teacher who did everything in her power to subvert us. She was a major contributing factor to us moving out of the town we lived in at the time, but it was too late to escape the influence. There is no such thing as a "safe" place where you can let your guard down. We know there are plans in place by our enemy to take out our children and us. You find New Age attacks burrowing deep into every nook and cranny of Christian schools (at least in the US) too like "Jesus Calling for Kids" being read instead of the Bible, and so on ( http://standupforthetruth.com/2013/11/which-jesus-is-calling-an-interview-with-warren-smith/ ). Parents being told that they are practicing spiritual blackmail on their kids if they warn them not to turn away from Christ because they will face eternal judgement... "just love your kids and never judge them, lead by example only and don't preach to them or weigh them down with doctrine" is what they say.

We believe it is better to give them the truth, and if they turn away from God, they are turning away from the true God, and if they come back they will be coming back in repentance and faith to the true God, not a counterfeit.