Footnotes in Bible modules in 6.0

Eric

Beta Tester
Hi, Brandon,

I'm wondering if the handling of footnotes in 6.0 (in Bible modules) is any different than in previous ones. In v. 5 the KJV's alternate renderings are all at the end of the verses. Am I right that this was done to facilitate searching?

Is that still important in v. 6.0 (for foreign-language modules)? If the searching would be okay even with embedded footnotes, I'd do that. But if not, I'd go ahead and put them at the end of each verse as you have.

Thanks!

P.S. 6.0 is still en route to me, so I don't know yet how it works.

I'm wondering if the handling of footnotes in 6.0 (in Bible modules) is any different than in previous ones. In v. 5 the KJV's alternate renderings are all at the end of the verses. Am I right that this was done to facilitate searching?

No, it's just how the original source material was formatted.

Is that still important in v. 6.0 (for foreign-language modules)? If the
No, it has never been a problem to place the {footnote} tagged text inline in the verse text when compiling Bible modules with Forge.

Thanks, I was thinking that was a problem. Maybe I had tried some searching "over" the in-line footnotes in a Bible I prepared and thought it wasn't searching right, but it could have been it was just a problem with the pre-version SS which wasn't fully Unicode compatible. Thanks for the clarification.

When Forge compiles a Bible module with the HAS FOOTNOTES switch, it takes the {footnote text} elements out of the verse text for purposes of phrase matching. The footnote letters are handled by SwordSearcher on-the-fly. It's designed to work even with phrase matching (a footnote inside a phrase won't prevent the phrase match). You shouldn't have trouble with it.

Back