Full Library Search if part of word is formatted

Eric

Beta Tester
If I have a word in a user commentary in which I have used bold on only part of the word, when I use Ctrl-L's Full Library Search, SS7.1.1.2 doesn't find the word. Is that intended? I realize that codes were inserted around the bold letters, and that's why it's not finding the word. The word "part" in Code View looks like this:
p<strong>ar</strong>t
or even this:
p<strong>ar</strong>t&nbsp;
(on my XP machine SS is inserting the code for non-breaking space also).

I sometimes use bold to show alternate spellings, i.e., "Saviour" and "Savior". But this this behavior, SS won't find "Saviour". Is that intended? Could it be changed so it finds it?

Thanks!

I'll log this for review. I agree that search indexing should not break words with formatting markup, but it has to be careful not to assume that the markup can just be ignored; for example you can have two words separated like this: <tr><td>one</td><td>two</td></tr> -- it has to take care to know that </td><td> represent clear boundaries even without any whitespace.

Sometimes I use &nbsp; or other formatting such as empty 'bold' code to force SS to leave text alone, for instance, to leave "Am I" as text instead of rendering it as Amos 1, etc.

Sometimes I use &nbsp; or other formatting such as empty 'bold' code to force SS to leave text alone, for instance, to leave "Am I" as text instead of rendering it as Amos 1, etc.

You can put / around the text to force SwordSearcher to ignore it as a verse reference, and the / won't appear in the actual panel text display. For example: /Am I/

Also, if you find things that look like roman numerals are getting tagged as verses, you can disable that, too, in the editor window under File, Configure Verse Reference Recognition. (Where you can also add words that should never be tagged as a verse.)

Thanks! I remember when you programmed ways around it, but I fancy-coded some instances in modules that were made before you enabled those fixes and I didn't want to go back and find them again. :)

Back