Go Back Buttor

Discussion in 'General' started by 61c27mxFo, Apr 11, 2017.

1. 61c27mxFo

61c27mxFo Member

I'm driving Swordsearcher around the block and kicking the tires to find out if it will do what I want it to do. I have some books I would like to add with hyperlinks and footnotes. I am familiar with HTML language and can manually implant the anchors and references where I want and they work just fine except, there is no "go back" button to take me back to where I was before. Can somebody help with this problem?

2. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

Do you mean a back button to navigate to a recent position in the document itself? Such as after clicking a footnote link? The way I handle that is to make the footnote links go both ways -- the anchor tag in the footnote can also be a link to the place the footnote came from in the text above it.

Right now the back/forward navigation buttons in the book and commentary panels go between entries and modules, but do not update for in-document clicks. I will add this to the feature request list and see about adding that behavior.

marty likes this.
  3. marty

marty Beta Tester

I often don't check out footnotes because I'll lose my place in the main document - I never thought of making the footnote a two-way! :)