God's Medicine - Healing Scriptures Part 1

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by TerriP, Dec 13, 2008.

1. TerriP

TerriP Active Member

Healing Scriptures & Confessions
    God's Medicine - A Daily Dose

Part 1 of 2: Old Testament Scriptures

Say these scriptures and confessions to yourself. Meditate on them. Ponder them in your heart. Speak them out over yourself in the first person, laying claim to them by faith, with the understanding that as a born-again child of God, the Word of God is your inheritance. Use them in praise to your Heavenly Father! His Word is medicine to all your flesh!

Exodus 15:26
    And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
    Confession: God is speaking to me now, saying, "I am the LORD that healeth thee." He is watching over His Word to perform it. He is the LORD that healeth me. He is healing me now. This Word contains the ability to produce what it says. His Word is full of healing power. I receive this Word now. Healing is God's nature. God is in me. My body is the temple of the LORD that healeth me. God is bigger than sickness and Satan. God is dwelling inside of me, healing me now. ​

Exodus 23:25
    And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
    Note: True worship from the heart is a key to walking in divine health. Close every door you can to the devil.​

Deuteronomy 7:15
    And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.

Deuteronomy 28:1-14
    1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: 2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. 3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field. 4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep. 5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store. 6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out. 7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways. 8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. 9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways. 10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee. 11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee. 12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow. 13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them: 14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

Deuteronomy 30:16
    In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20
    19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: 20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Joshua 21:45
    There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.
    Note: How much more sure is this promise to us since our covenant with God is based upon the shed Blood of Jesus Christ! Healing is a good gift from God!​

1 Kings 8:56
    Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land..

Job 5:26
    Thou shalt come to thy grave in a full age, like as a shock of corn cometh in his season.

Psalm 30:2
    O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.

Psalms 34:7
    The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

Psalm 34:19
    Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Psalm 41:3
    The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing [sickness]: thou wilt make [restore] all his bed in his sickness.

Psalm 42:11
    Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psalms 91:1
    He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalms 91:9-10
    9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Psalm 91:16
    With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Psalms 103:2-3
    2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
    Note: Notice it doesn't say some, it says all! It also states that healing is one of the benefits that belongs to the believer along with the benefit of having our sin forgiven.​

Psalm 105:37
    He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.
    Note: Bible scholars estimate that there were about 2.5 million Israelites who left Egypt healed, healthy, and whole. This is after captivity and enslavement for 400 years! This was and still is God?s will for His people today ? all healed, healthy, and whole, regardless of your current situation. This is His will!​

Psalms 107:19-20
    19 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses. 20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Psalm 118:17
    I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.
    Note: Agree with this right now! Declare it with your voice! God has a plan for your life here on the Earth. Don't let the enemy steal it away. You can do what God says you can do, you can be what God says you can be! Cast down those thoughts and imaginations that don't line up with the Word of God!​

Psalm 119:50
    This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

Proverbs 3:7-8
    7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. 8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
    Note: The term "fear the LORD" means to reverence and worship the LORD in all things.​

Proverbs 4:20-23
    20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
    Note: Here it is as plain as it can be: the taking of God's Word is life and medicine to your flesh. So just don't take your prescribed medicine alone, take the Word of God along with it. Prescribed medicine can heal and help some things, but God's medicine can heal all.​

Proverbs 16:24
    Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Proverbs 17:22
    A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
    Confession: Ha, ha, ha! I have a merry heart. Sickness can't dominate me. What do you think you're trying to do, devil? You can't put sickness on me. I have a merry heart and I'm full of joy! Ha, ha, ha, ha!​
    Note: See also Nehemiah 8:10 ??the joy of the LORD is your strength.?​

Isaiah 33:24
    And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.

Isaiah 40:29
    He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

Isaiah 40:31
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
    Note: The word "wait" in this verse implies a positive action of hope, based on knowing that the Word of God is a true fact and that it will soon come to pass - waiting with earnest expectation!​

Isaiah 41:10
    Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Isaiah 43:25-26
    25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. 26 Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.
    Note: Your case was settled when Jesus went to the cross in your behalf! If you have accepted Jesus Christ as LORD then "It is finished!!!" Your words are important!​

Isaiah 53:4-5
    Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
    Confession: Surely Jesus hath borne my sicknesses and diseases and carried my pains. He bore them and carried them away to a distance. I don't have to bear what He bore for me. I refuse to bear what He bore for me. Satan cannot put on me what Jesus bore for me. By His stripes I am healed and made whole.​

Isaiah 54:17
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
    Note: Sickness is judging you falsely, but it is your birthright to live in health. You condemn it, with the Word of God, and command it to leave your body. You are an overcomer through Jesus Christ!​

Isaiah 55:11
    So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
    Note: God's Word on healing will accomplish healing in you.​

Isaiah 57:19
    I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
    Note: The word "fruit" here means produce. God creates what you produce from your mouth when we believe and speak the Word of God.​

Isaiah 58:8
    Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward [protection].

Jeremiah 1:12
    Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.
    Note: God is looking, searching eagerly for someone to take Him at His Word so that He can perform it on their behalf.​

Jeremiah 17:14
    Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
    Note: Once a person finally sees that healing is a finished work along with salvation, paid for at the same time with the same healing Blood, then you can get excited about this verse saying; "you did it LORD for me, then according to this verse I will agree and say I will have healing just as I have salvation, it's mine NOW!"​

Jeremiah 30:17
    For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.

Jeremiah 33:6
    Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.

Hosea 6:1
    Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

Hosea 13:14
    I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Joel 3:10
    Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.

Malachi 4:2-3
    2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. 3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
    Note: I love this verse! This verse is a great promise and even tells us when it became a reality for us. "On the day that I do this" was at Calvary. Now the enemy is "ashes" under our feet and healing and protection belong to us. See Luke 10:19 also.​

We are continually finding more and more verses to add to this collection. The thing is, everything you read in the Bible, since it is all about Christ, is therefore all about your healing - your wholeness; however, our purpose herein is to focus on getting you to receive your healing, which is why we include these particular Scriptures for you to read and to meditate on. If you think any should be included, please add them yourself to this list, and please let us know, also!

Part 2 of 2, from the New Testament, coming soon!