God's relationship with man

Discussion in 'Bible, Doctrine, and Other Topics' started by Ruthlyn, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Ruthlyn

Ruthlyn Beta Tester

As I listen to sermons and study the Word, God laid this on my heart. Hope it blesses you as it did me :)

GOD’S RELATIONSHIP WITH MAN

In the beginning God created the heavens, the earth and all that therein is and then He made a special Garden called Eden and there God WALKED with man in the cool of the day. Gen 3:8

But man sinned and broke God’s heart.

After choosing Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and establishing the nation of Israel God had them build Him a special tabernacle/temple and DWELT AMONG men. Exodus 25/I Kings 7-8

But Israel rejected God and crucified His Son.

After the death, burial and resurrection of His Son, Christ Jesus, the Holy Spirit was given. He cleanses all who believe in Christ, making them a part of the body of Christ so God now DWELLS WITHIN man. I Cor 6:19

But the world will reject and persecute His Body, the Church.

After the millennium reign of Christ, the removal of the present earth and heavens and the creation of a new heaven and a new earth, the New Jerusalem will descend from God out of heaven to the new earth. The Lord God Almighty and the Lamb will be the temple of it and MAN SHALL DWELL IN THE MIDST OF GOD. Rev 21:22