Hannah's Prayer of Joy

Discussion in 'Bible, Doctrine, and Other Topics' started by TerriP, Sep 14, 2013.

1. TerriP

TerriP Active Member

This is beautiful:

And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation. There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed. The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength. They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble. The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them. He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed. - 1 Samuel 2:1-10

marty and Ruthlyn like this.
  2. Ruthlyn

Ruthlyn Beta Tester

Beautiful indeed :)

marty likes this.
  3. TerriP

TerriP Active Member

You know what, Ruthlyn, and I just now read there again in verse 1, where Hannah said "... because I rejoice in thy
    salvation." That salvation is Yeshua, of course! Why didn't I holler at that before! You know what, it's like happens
    so many times, you read Scripture, and then some time later you read it again, and something just jumps off the page
    at you, and every time you read the same thing, it's different!

I rejoice in Yeshua! And again I say rejoice :)

Ruthlyn and marty like this.
  4. marty

marty Beta Tester

Since I started reading the "What the Bible Teaches" module, I've been seeing things that amaze me! I know I read them before but it's like you said - they just jump off the page! The About God, About Jesus and About the Holy Spirit entries are really something! :)
    What made me think of that was your reference to Yeshua in the Old Testament. I had to read several of the references (in "What the Bible Teaches") twice and wondered why I never saw what they said before. Now I have to go read about Hannah...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
    Ruthlyn likes this.
  5. Ruthlyn

Ruthlyn Beta Tester

It is so like the Holy Spirit to move in a wave across space and time, for my pastor's wife testified this morning about seeing so many truths in the Scriptures for this past week... Words she has read many times before but the Lord has shined His light anew upon them for her. That's why I really love that hymn 'Sitting at the Feet of Jesus'. There have been times I read that portion of Scripture where Mary sat at Jesus' feet and heard Him and wished I could have been there too! I take consolation in the fact that He still speaks today and one day I will be able to literally worship at His feet. :)

marty likes this.
  6. marty

marty Beta Tester

It truly IS the "Living Word". Charles Stanley was talking about that in his sermon today. What a coincidence! :D

Ruthlyn likes this.