Hello From a newby

Discussion in 'Coffee Table' started by Daverh, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Daverh

Daverh Member

Just wanted to say Hi to you all.
    I found the forum almost accidentally while checking online for the current version of SS. I have had version five for several years. Still working well for me now on Linux.
    I am a retired independent Baptist preacher. If one ever retires. :)
    Hope to spend more time on the forum in the days ahead if the Lord allows.

Dave

2. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

Welcome.

Eric likes this.
  3. marty

marty Beta Tester

Hi, Dave. We're glad you're here!

Eric likes this.
  4. Ruthlyn

Ruthlyn Beta Tester

Welcome indeed Dave and you know there are no "accidents" in the Christian's life :D. Lots of great info to delve into... happy diving ;)

Eric likes this.
  5. Daverh

Daverh Member

Thanks for all the kind words. That's not really me in the avatar but I've been a dog nut for more years than I care to remember. The picture is 'Jake' my 6 year old Beagle. We recently also took on a two year old Spaniel / Lab cross. They keep me busy, but I love 'em.
    Good day at church today. I am currently teaching an adult class on the "Sermon on the Mount" Quite a challenge but they are a good bunch to work with,

Ruthlyn likes this.
  6. TerriP

TerriP Active Member

Nice to meet you, brother Dave. I echo what Ruthlyn said - no accidents in the Kingdom of God. Nor coincidences. The Lord may very well have placed you here to share something with us. Or vice versa.

And what Marty said, we are very glad you are here!

(p.s. the definition of "retire" is to take your car to an auto shop for re-alignment.)

Welcome!

Ruthlyn, Johnny NL and marty like this.