Help! I've lost my purse!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by marty, Jun 12, 2014.

1. marty

marty Beta Tester

Please pray that our Lord will restore my purse to me. I lost it sometime last week and have canceled all the cards and put a fraud check on my credit through my ID Theft Protection Plan. My social security card (and my dad's) was in there as well as my driver's license. I thought my spare car keys were there, too, but Praise Jesus, I found them in another purse today. I've called every place I might have been, some a couple times, plus called a few extra places just in case, and gone through every inch of this house, the garage and the car at least six times - seven if you count today's hunt. There's no way for anyone to call me as all I have is a cell phone and the number isn't listed, but my address is on the driver's license, and someone could call number on the credit cards and they would call me. None of the credit cards have had charges that weren't mine (that's a good sign) and I didn't know that the purse was gone for several days as I've been sick with food poisoning and so didn't go anywhere for a while. I'm just sick about losing the important stuff that is in the purse. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers!

2. wsbones

wsbones Beta Tester

Praying right now.

3. Gord

Gord Beta Tester

Praying also Marty!

4. marty

marty Beta Tester

Thank you both!!! And thank you to the people who are praying but not posting!

5. john.a

john.a Active Member

praying also Marty.

marty likes this.
  6. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

Praying too.

marty likes this.
  7. Ruthlyn

Ruthlyn Beta Tester

You are in my prayers also my sister.

marty likes this.
  8. Johnny NL

Johnny NL Active Member

In Jesus' Name...
    let it be restored to you Mrs. Marty.
    God's Grace is upon this situation.
    Amen.

marty likes this.
  9. Gord

Gord Beta Tester

Marty, my wife had her purse taken a few years ago by some young gentlemen while performing a 'home invasion' of my cd collection and 'liquor' cabinet.

We went through all the stops and canceled cards and new drivers license birth certificate etc. Then about 8 months later Canada Post called her to say her purse was left in a mail box. When she retrieved it, it was all in tact except for the cash was of course gone.

The actual violation of the theft was in my opinion, worse than the document replacement process.

I will continue to pray for God's blessings for you.

10. marty

marty Beta Tester

Thanks, Gord! I had put my social security card (and my deceased dad's ss card and driver's license) in a card case so I could secure them when a stranger was going to come dog/house sit while I was on vacation, and I hadn't put them away again after I got back - losing them is what upsets me the most. To get them back would truly be a gift from Jesus. I made the purse, so there isn't another like it in the world - if I see it, I'll know it. I could make another so losing the purse itself doesn't bother me. Hopefully I remembered everything that was in the case. It just feels like things are 'out of order' with the purse/cards missing. Whatever happened to it, the purse is gone because of my own carelessness - I don't think it was stolen, but maybe found, or maybe sitting somewhere strange. It's not in the refrigerator or freezer - I looked.

Thank you all for continuing to pray with me! I so appreciate you holding me up.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
    1 Corinthians 1:30-31 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Attached Files:

Ruthlyn likes this.
  11. wsbones

wsbones Beta Tester

I read that somewhere to take a picture or scan all your wallet and purse contents and keep a copy in a safe place. Do front and back of cards so you know where to call when lost. If you keep it on a computer be sure to zip it with encryption. Don't forget the password :)

TerriP and marty like this.
  12. terrpn

terrpn Active Member

prayin you up...........

marty likes this.