Home and Job

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Gord, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Gord

Gord Beta Tester

I could really use some prayer help.

A week ago my Landlord of 12 years, has requested to move into the home we have lived in for those 12 years. He developed a kidney disease and now requires dialysis and moving here is closer to the clinic for him. Please pray for Kumar and his health.

Yesterday I was the unfortunate victim of restructuring at work, and all the staff making less salary got to stay, and us 'high paid' folks were offered a fair package.

This I know are blessings from God, for Dianna and I, we just need some prayerful help in understanding His Wisdom in His new plan for our lives.

2. terrpn

terrpn Active Member

you got it brother.............and know you are a blessing to us as well:cool:

Gord likes this.
  3. Eric

Eric Beta Tester

May the Lord give you wisdom and His peace.

Gord likes this.
  4. wsbones

wsbones Beta Tester

Lord, give Gord a blessing in his circumstances.

Gord likes this.
  5. marty

marty Beta Tester

Gord, we know there are no 'coincidences' in our lives -- He IS in charge. The first thing that struck me (after "oh no!) when I read your post is that He has freed you up for something cool! An "ADVENTURE." When I post a prayer request here, it's because I'm wigging out and I need to hear from cooler heads - so I'm here to tell you -- Don't worry! He'll take care of you! He WILL! We've got you covered, wrapped, coated in prayer - but that's just for your comfort. Our Lord has already lined up your new deal.

Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
    Psalms 64:10 The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory.
    Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

And here's my personal favorite go-to verse when I'm in trouble:
    John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Gord and Ruthlyn like this.
  6. Ruthlyn

Ruthlyn Beta Tester

Indeed Gord, as Marty has said, our wise and loving Father has freed you up for an adventure for Him. May He make you a tremendous blessing where ever He leads and graciously grant you the faith to trust His hand in the providences of your life.

Gord likes this.
  7. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

You got it.

Gord likes this.
  8. Johnny NL

Johnny NL Active Member

In the Lord Jesus Christ, WE believe...... it shall be done brother Gord....
    HIS Grace be upon you and your family, Amen.

Gord likes this.
  9. marty

marty Beta Tester

You and Dianna are still very much on my mind, brother -- as often as I think of you, I raise you and your situation to our Lord.

Psalms 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Gord likes this.
  10. ishaknatan

ishaknatan Beta Tester

Prayer for Gord & Dianna, Kumar has been sent from New Zealand.

Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

Gord likes this.
  11. Gord

Gord Beta Tester

God Bless you all.

By way of a mini update, the company has accepted my counter offer on the settlement package, a small financial victory. I have had some positive response to my job hunting that I am very thankfully optimistic about. Interviews set for next week.

We began the closet cleaning and managed to clean out and contribute the clothes to the Canadian Breast Cancer society. 10 green bags we won't have to move.

Baby steps are easy when we are holding on to each other with the Love of Jesus, and the fellowship of Brothers and Sisters in The Lord.

12. terrpn

terrpn Active Member

great to hear brother..................we pray on our time and God answers according to "his will" in his time

i'll be the first to say it's frustrating, but if God was and is long suffering with us we need to be reciprocal with him

we don't always get it "our way" and i reckon might be happy to see that once we get to "glory"

just so you know brother when one is hurting we are all hurting...........

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Gord likes this.
  13. marty

marty Beta Tester

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Thinking of you today, Gord!

Gord likes this.
  14. TerriP

TerriP Active Member

Marty quoted this above and it is so right on:

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

I don't know why some things happen the way they do, just in my own life, I get a shock now and then. I got another one a couple of weeks ago, not about illness but about a financial matter, and the first thing I did was just crack up. I mean right now I am laughing, just thinking about it, it is hysterically funny, like something you might see in a movie, how this happened, which was not meant to be funny at all, it was intended to be a slap in the face, I know very well my enemy that old serpent the devil did not expect me to laugh, for crying out loud, he arranged it to make me, well, to cry out loud, to be hurt, and to hold on to that hurt for a long, long time, maybe for the rest of my life here on earth. But see, that's where your armour comes in, too, you put it on and you don't ever take it off, be prepared for attacks & fiery darts, because sure as shootin they are coming, you can count on it. Not that you are being consistently gloomy and looking for bad things to happen, you see. But you keep His Word in front of you day and night, night and day, at all times - His praise shall continually be in my mouth, the joy of the Lord is my strength, what the enemy meant for evil against me, God turns to good, I know it. It's too late, I have seen it happen over and over and over, too many times, to not just believe that to be the truth, but to know it.

The only way to do this, of course, is not to just repeat all these "positive thinking" mantras, what a goofy thing that is to say, to keep a positive attitude, people will tell you that really, just for something to say, and mostly those who don't have a clue what they are talking about. I mean, just how does one go about keeping a positive attitude, without God. It is impossible, without God, I know it is, been there, done that. And you don't have to put on a cheery face while you are boiling inside. You don't have to be boiling, you can actually be ridiculously and happily full of joy - I mean if joy is the fruit of the Spirit, and you have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you, then, well, there you go.

No, the only way to go about this, your whole life should be, stay in the Word, read it yourself, and don't go anywhere in your mind without checking your thoughts and reviewing, "what does the Word have to say about this."

Now don't get me wrong, there are times when, being human, we will be sad, or grieving, even - A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance, I know that too.. But the Word says (if or when) you are passing through the valley of the shadow of death, doesn't say camp out there, says pass through!

And of course, absolutely I pray for your peace, brother Gord, God's peace. And you don't have to know why this happened, so many times people go "why, oh why did this happen" or "why did I get this illness" or "why did he die, when we were all praying and believing..." I go to the last few chapters of Job, where God told Job, in a nutshell, it's none of your business why this went this way, or that other didn't go so well for you - no matter how horrible it is or was, it's really none of your business, see, to try to figure out why, or "if only I'd have done this," or "maybe I didn't pray hard enough" and for goodness' sake, don't ever, ever, ever think or let anyone tell you, oh you just didn't have enough faith, that is such false teaching. You have faith, the kind of faith that cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.. Of course, all the faith possible, the faith of a child... but if something does go topsy turvy then listen, your business is to trust in God and lean not to your own understanding. Okay, when I say "you" it's the, what is that word, not generic but... collective? I mean it's all of youse, and me, hang on by your fingernails if you have to and, like Winston Churchill said, "Never, ever, ever, ever, ever give up."

Psalms 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

We love you, brother Gord, and we pray for you - and all of you - daily.

And p.s. I can see you shining, Gord, with the love of the Lord and for the Lord in you, just by your posts and conversations in here, so I know you know all this, so maybe I am writing this for someone else or... for me :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    Ruthlyn and Gord like this.
  15. marty

marty Beta Tester

Praying for God's favor to be all over you again this week, Gord! Have you found your new house yet? I pray that it's even nicer than the one you're leaving.

Gord likes this.
  16. Gord

Gord Beta Tester

Bless you, we are still looking, we may be able to purchase rather then rent, we should know next week. Thank you all for the prayers, God is so good to us, beyond even our comprehension.

Ruthlyn, marty and Brandon Staggs like this.
  17. Ruthlyn

Ruthlyn Beta Tester

Been praying that you may be able to purchase your next home and that our heavenly Father choose the best job for you. How is Kumar doing?

God has been blessing me greatly with this song as sung by the Soundforth choir these past few weeks so I would like to share the words with you. It is an old hymn but they sing it with a different melody.

Sometimes a light surprises the Christian while he sings;
    It is the Lord, who rises with healing in His wings:
    When comforts are declining, He grants the soul again
    A season of clear shining, to cheer it after rain.

In holy contemplation we sweetly then pursue
    The theme of God’s salvation, and find it ever new.
    Set free from present sorrow, we cheerfully can say,
    Let the unknown tomorrow bring with it what it may.

It can bring with it nothing but He will bear us through;
    Who gives the lilies clothing will clothe His people, too;
    Beneath the spreading heavens, no creature but is fed;
    And He Who feeds the ravens will give His children bread.

Though vine nor fig tree neither their wonted fruit should bear,
    Though all the field should wither, nor flocks nor herds be there;
    Yet God the same abiding, His praise shall tune my voice,
    For while in Him confiding, I cannot but rejoice.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    Gord, TerriP, marty and 1 other person like this.
  18. Truckerboy

Truckerboy Member

Excellent post, TerriP. Thanks!

19. marty

marty Beta Tester

I hope you're having a relaxing weekend, Gord and Dianna (even if you're moving)! I'm praying for your peace of mind. You can't go wrong with a Lord like ours!

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Imagine THAT!

Ruthlyn, TerriP and Gord like this.
  20. Gord

Gord Beta Tester

Bless you Marty. On the job front, I have had a pre screening phone interview yesterday, and was told that I should expect an email or phone call today about time and date availabilities for an interview next week. It is in the same industry and basically the same position and salary.

On the home hunt, we are resolved that with the short window of opportunity before we have to move, we will likely rent for 1 year, that will give us a chance to recover any financial set back from the lost wages. We can continue in earnest with that hunt one the finances are settled with my former employer.

There is a settlement agreed on from my former employer, and I am having that whole amount directed to my RRSP (to lessen my tax burden), which wont happen until the end of this month, as they only pool the funds to the RRSP's on a monthly basis and always one month behind. We will then be able to take from that, only what's needed to move and have less tax implications at year end. We are slowly purging, which is just another blessing of something we have not done in a long time.

Our Heavenly Father continues to bless us each day with good health, food, clothes and comfortable dwelling, as well as a positive outlook on the mysteries that He has yet to unfold for us.

That I am convinced this is due to His Grace and response to every petition on our behalf. May He also Bless each and every one in like a like fashion for those petition's on our behalf.

Ruthlyn and Brandon Staggs like this.